Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Back to Life, Back to Reality

Just a quick post as I know some of ya'll are waiting to hear.

We survived Sandy with the only damage being to our garage roof.  We need to replace it anyway but Mr. Helen spent all day yesterday fixing it back up until we can actually have it replaced.

We never lost power, though there are lots who did and still are without.  It  paid off in spades that we live 4 miles from the ocean.  The areas of my little city that are on the water have no power and lots and lots of cleanup to do, although nothing like what the poor folks in New Jersey are dealing with.

I won't post any photos because if you've seen the Weather Channel or national news you know what it looks like.  Keep folks in your thoughts and prayers please.

After being cocooned for the last few days, it actually feels good to get back to work and life and routine!

Thank you to all of you who checked in while the storm raged, you're the best!

11 comments:

  1. I'm so happy you and Mr. Helen survived this storm without personal injuries and not too much damage. The photos show how bad it was. It's part of the daily conversation here in Holland too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew you were ok, but I'm still glad to see this post. Can't imagine seeing the damage firsthand; of course I'll continue to keep everyone in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you fared well. We did too. But the continuing discoveries of destruction at the Jersey Shore are pretty sobering. Take care -

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you're o.k. It devastates me to see all the damage. Definitely keeping everyone in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I've been waiting to hear from you. So glad you and Mr. H. are safe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for checking in Helen. I've been wondering how you and Mr. Helen fared. Continued good wishes to all as the cleanup and "normal life" resumes. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am glad you made it through fine. The pictures are horrible. People who ignore that climate change (whether man-made or not, doesn't matter at this point) are fools.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad your damage was minimal - just from the pictures I've seen some areas won't be back to normal for months! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I happy that you checked in Helen, I've been thinking about you. Getting back to work gives you back some sense of normal and thats a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so glad you were safe in the storm. Getting back into a routine is always a good thing.

    ReplyDelete