Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Change Your Story

First of all, Wednesdays are my weigh-in day. I have never actually said how much I weigh on this blog but I need to start being accountable to that so I will tell you that today I weigh 182. (See now, that wasn't so hard!)

This is probably one of many blogs that will address the Biggest Loser premiere which was last night. Holy cow. This is definitely the heaviest group of folks they've ever had - not one single person weighed under 200 lbs. to start.

I watched a half hour of the episode while drinking a cup 'o joe this morning, then I went and got on my treadmill to finish it. Did you know that if you fast forward through all the commercials and some of the filler that show is really only about 85-90 minutes. Crazy. I got a great 5 mile run done in 53 minutes - faster than I've been running in a while so I'm happy happy happy with that.

But my run isn't the point here. I've just had one thing echoing in my brain since I finished watching: "Change Your Story."

Everyone had a story and some were horrifying and some just sad. But Jillian was working with the heaviest contestant and that girl was using her story as a reason why she had and should continue to fail. Jillian wasn't having it. She finally yelled at her, "You've got to change your story!"

Wow. That got me to thinking about every winner the Biggest Loser has had, as well as some of the weight loss bloggers I so enjoy reading - Tony, Sean, Jen, Anti-Jared Tony, Irene, and Jack Sh*t, to name a few (not a comprehensive list at all people so don't get upset!). You know what they ALL have in common? They are changing their stories.

I don't know why this has resonated with me the way it has but I tell you this: I am joining them. I am going to change my story. Will you join me?

4 comments:

  1. that line resonated with me as well.
    also when Jillian said she wasn't going to co-sign for Shay's bullcrap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've thought about that since last night as well but I love just about everything that comes out of Jillian's mouth! I was very inspired with last nights show. This is my "second chance" to do this again the right way. I'm changing my story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I missed the show, but love that line. I'm in week 3 of changing my story. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did not get a chance to watch it and I don't have Tivo but that is really a true statement! I am 1/3 of the way to goal but I am changing my story as I go along.

    ReplyDelete