Friday, September 25, 2009

It's Gettin' Hot in Herrrrrrrrreee - Goals & Gold

Yesterday afternoon I was going around catching up on blog reading and found this post on Fitcetera's blog which then led me to South Beach Steve's Hot 100. The Hot 100 is a challenge for you to figure out what you can accomplish in 100 days in terms of mental and physical health? Of course, I'm a day (or 2) late and a dollar short to win any prize, but I've decided I'm going to join in!

The ultimate prize will, of course, be that I've met my goals - although I would have liked Steve's peppers, I'm sure :-)

So, here are my 5 main gooals:

1. Keep the wine down to 2 glasses on no more than 2 days.
2. Track my food - the good, the bad, the ugly
3. Burn at least 2500 calories a week through exercise.
4. Advance to my next belt in Thai Boxing, which means I have to have perfect attendance and learn the material!
5. Use the weekend to plan and precook some of our weekly meals so that we are eating nutritiously and deliciously.

What I love about this challenge is that Steve is also encouraging everyone to have some mini goals in there too. I think mini goals always help to reach main goals.

Speaking of mini goals, last night at Muay Thai Boxing our theme was "Goals You Set, Are Goals You Get!" If you don't even start the process of setting the goal - how can you even expect to move from where you are? The instructor asked, "What is a Black Belt?" The answer? "A white belt who didn't quit."

For the last four months I have been going to class at least 2 times a week and have progressed in the manner the instructors want to see. I am very proud of this mini goal because these classes are in the evening - not my best energy time or my favorite time to exercise. But I have been determined that I would stick it out for at least one year and then go from there. Best of all, I met a first goal - I received my Gold Belt! As I said to my friend, I'm still a grasshopper but now I'm a grasshopper with a Gold Belt.

Do you want to move from where you are? What could YOU accomplish in the next 100 days?

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad to read you have joined in. Even though you joined late, I made an executive decision last night and extended the join date until Monday. So you are eligible to win the peppers.

    The goals look great! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some great goals. I was thinking this morning how I need a few long term goals. I haven't made any for a long time and thank you for the reminder! Hope you have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Thai Boxing - that sound like a LOT of fun. I wish I could try something like that one day.

    I've got my long term goals on my site but one of my short term goals would look something like your # 1 but mine would say "beer".

    I already do your #5 and it really helps me out during the week. Since I'm on this on my own, I make all my lunches on Sunday and put them in the freezer in little freezer containers. I'll have to post a picture some day (it's very colorful). It is known in my house that if it looks like it has been weighed and measured - DON'T TOUCH :) I've trained them well.
    Good luck on your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on sticking with the martial arts! It can be tough especially when your energy is sapped for the day. Congrats on your mini goals as well- very admirable :)

    ReplyDelete