Friday, September 18, 2009

My Love-Hate Relationship

All night long and again this morning I have been thinking about choices. I had to go to a work related event last night that basically was a wine tasting with hors d'oeuvres. Nothing would be off limits of course, but based on what I had eaten earlier, I needed to make good choices. I can handle and figure out where the wine tasting would fit into my plan for the day; the hors d'oeuvres were another story. Mostly because I didn't know if it would be veggies and dip or deep fried onion rings.

So off I went. It was a wonderful social gathering and business networking opportunity. I enjoyed myself immensely. But, I left there feeling insecure about the choices I had made (no veggie dip by the way). I don't feel I overate at all but I don't like not knowing for sure. I love a good cocktail party and I hate it at the same time: eat small portions of food but have no way of figuring out how in heck they relate to my overall eating plan.

The phrase "good night and good choices" kept ringing in my brain as I drove home and was the first thing I thought this morning. Where did that come from?

I finally decided as I was driving IN to work today that all I can ask of myself is to do the best I can in the situation I'm in. That has to be good enough and then I need to move on.

As I signed into blogland to do my reading, I realized the good night and good choices phrase was from Sean of The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. That's his sign off on each blog. What did he write about today? Choices. Go read what he said. He said it better than I ever will.

2 comments:

  1. I love that phrase, do the best I can with the situation I am in.

    I'm off to read that blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because of this post I found Sean's blog. I've never read his blog before and don't know how I missed it.

    You're both so right, it's all about the choices we make and making the best possible choices we can for the circumstances.

    All we can do is the best we can, and like you said, it has to be good enough. :)

    ReplyDelete