Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Tuesday Ten

Random thoughts I'm having; random things about me.


1. I was born in Louisville, KY and have been in or lived in 46 of the 50 states – military brat then my dad kept changing jobs. Where I am now is “home” because it’s where I’ve lived the longest – 25 years.

2. People are always shocked when I tell them I’m a runner. I don’t look like a runner.

3. I didn’t own my own home until I was 46. Second marriage (with kids) so instead of borrowing over our means we actually waited until we had the money in place – which meant getting one through college and the other one… well he’s still trying to decide. The kids are none the worse for growing up living in a rental.

4. Though I like where I work, I don’t like the sort of work I do. But, I’ve been doing this sort of work for 30 years now so it’s easy to stick with it.

5. There aren’t too many foods that I don’t like which makes me a fun friend to take out to eat since I’ll try almost anything.

6. My husband is the easiest guy in the world to feed. His five food groups are: pizza, hotdogs, hamburgers, chicken wings, and spaghetti & meatballs. I seriously could make those things in constant rotation and he would not complain

7 A friend asked me to check out Jillian Michaels new weight loss supplements at GNC and tell them what I think. What?!! What happened to more movement, less food? What I think is that I’ve lost a little respect for Ms. Michaels.

8. I eat a lot better when I take time to prepare our weekly meals in advance – or at least have a plan. I’m better at that in the winter than in the summer. I don’t seem to mind just staying home Sunday afternoon and cooking in the winter. In the summer, I want to be on the beach.

9. I went from the world’s oldest cell phone to an iPhone. I *heart* my iPhone.

10. My daughter is turning 30 in October. I don’t feel like I’m old enough to have a thirty year old child.






1 comment:

  1. Nice to learn a little more about you! My mom says she doesn't feel old until she realizes she has an almost 40 year old daughter. Funny how that works!

    My husband and I were just saying how much easier it is to plan and eat in the winter. We can live off one pot of chili or cooking all day on Sunday for the week. Looking forward to fall!

    Hope you are having a good week!

    ReplyDelete