1. I was born in Louisville, KY and have been in or lived in 46 of the 50 states – military brat then my dad kept changing jobs. Where I am now is “home” because it’s where I’ve lived the longest – 25 years.
2. People are always shocked when I tell them I’m a runner. I don’t look like a runner.
3. I didn’t own my own home until I was 46. Second marriage (with kids) so instead of borrowing over our means we actually waited until we had the money in place – which meant getting one through college and the other one… well he’s still trying to decide. The kids are none the worse for growing up living in a rental.
4. Though I like where I work, I don’t like the sort of work I do. But, I’ve been doing this sort of work for 30 years now so it’s easy to stick with it.
5. There aren’t too many foods that I don’t like which makes me a fun friend to take out to eat since I’ll try almost anything.
6. My husband is the easiest guy in the world to feed. His five food groups are: pizza, hotdogs, hamburgers, chicken wings, and spaghetti & meatballs. I seriously could make those things in constant rotation and he would not complain
7 A friend asked me to check out Jillian Michaels new weight loss supplements at GNC and tell them what I think. What?!! What happened to more movement, less food? What I think is that I’ve lost a little respect for Ms. Michaels.
8. I eat a lot better when I take time to prepare our weekly meals in advance – or at least have a plan. I’m better at that in the winter than in the summer. I don’t seem to mind just staying home Sunday afternoon and cooking in the winter. In the summer, I want to be on the beach.
9. I went from the world’s oldest cell phone to an iPhone. I *heart* my iPhone.
10. My daughter is turning 30 in October. I don’t feel like I’m old enough to have a thirty year old child.