Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Tuesday Ten

1. Two times in the last two weeks people have told me I look like I'm in my 30's. Since my daughter will be 30 on October 14, I feel quite flattered.

2. I've made the decision that I will post a real picture of myself when I reach goal. Now, don't you want to root for me?

3. My husband is a wonderful man - not perfect but a good man all the same. We got married when my daughter was 12 and he has treated her exactly like she is his own biological child. The funny thing is, she looks a little bit like him so people who don't know better assume he is her father. What they don't know is that he is much more than her father, he is her DAD.

4. I love bananas. For me, in food group terms, 1 banana=1 fruit, not 2. I refuse to eat only half of one.

5. It annoys me when people say a food is "bad." Unless they're speaking in terms of freshness/spoilage, I just don't understand how that can be. Can we make better choices during the course of a day? Absolutely. But I honestly do not believe anything should be off limits. Because of this I love the video of Sean eating the deep fried Oreo. Could he have made a different choice? Sure. Did the one deep fried oreo harm him? I don't think so. Maybe if people would stop thinking "I can't have" or "This food is bad" they would stop bingeing. How do you binge if no food is off limits? If you KNOW you can have some now and some more tomorrow there's no need to stuff your face. Just my opinion after years of putting foods off limits, calling them bad and then obsessing over having them. No more. I'm done with that.

6. My baby sister and my daughter are only four years apart in age. When my daughter was acting teenagerish but my sister had reached her twenties, I would call my sister to have her talk sense into my daughter.

7. Grand Case, St. Martin, French West Indies is my very favorite place in the whole wide world. We try to go once a year and I miss it when we don't get to go. It's the one place where I completely relax. I dream of retiring there.

8. By the time I settled where I live now 27 years ago, I had already moved 28 times in my short life. That's why I call where I live now "home." Even though I wasn't born/raised here, it's where I've lived the longest and where I raised my daughter.

9. If I won the lottery, I would quit working. It always amazes me when people win and keep on going to the factory.

10. The comments on yesterday's blog lifted me up and pulled me through the day. I write this blog for myself and to force myself to be accountable for my actions, so I was a bit surprised at how much your comments meant to me. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

6 comments:

  1. I agree with you completely on #5. I dont consider any food 'bad'. Nor do I consider eating something fattening 'cheating'. It's life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also agree on #5. I follow Seans blog and that is the key to his success. No doubt about it. Glad you are feeling lifted and thank you in return for all of your sweet and motivating comments on my blog. We can totally do this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I work in a factory. There are more than a couple of people who work here who won the 6/49 lottery and kept on working.

    Even if you didn't want to quit *working* why wouldn't you pick a more interesting/useful/mind expanding job? Or go to school?
    Or travel the world and get an education in Life?

    It does boggle my mind as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you on the banana thing! Who eats 1/2 a banana?
    You peel it, you eat it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post. I love reading about you, your thoughts, who you are. Very cool.

    I'm guilty of the "bad" food thing. I say it all the time, and even when I say it out loud I know it's stupid. I'm trying to change, does that count? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. While I don't totally disagree with #5, I do have a differing opinion. For me I know there are certain foods that are triggers for me. There is nothing wrong with the food, but you won't likely see me eat that food again for some time, if ever. For example, lasagna. There is nothing wrong with it other than I know I don't have the self control to limit my lasagna consumption to anything that remotely resembles normal. It is just better for me to avoid it. While a little different, there are some foods that are bad for some people. For example, a diabetic trying to control sugar probably thinks a large milkshake is a bad food - not bad for everyone, but bad for this person.

    So, I guess I agree, there may not be bad foods, but there are cases where some people consider that food bad for them.

    ReplyDelete