Friday, September 4, 2009

Whadda Ya Know

FINALLY.

I had an almost perfect eating day yesterday.

FINALLY.

I say "almost" because I'm sure there could have been some better choices (uh, fruit instead of chocolate anyone?) but on the whole it was really good - I stayed within my calorie range and even ended up with enough calories left over for 2 small pieces of chocolate and a scoop of Edy's Slow Churned Chocolate Chip Ice Cream. How much more could I ask for, really?

We had planned to go out for dinner with my in-laws last night to celebrate their 57th Wedding Anniversary, but when my hubby called to confirm, my father-in-law said it wasn't a good day. I feel sad about that because, you see, my mother-in-law has Alzheimer's and it has really advanced in the last year. She has entire days now where she doesn't remember much of anything after say the age of 20 or so - which is the age she was when they married. Hubby stopped by his parents after work to at least check on them and my father-in-law shared that she had had one lucid moment that morning and remembered that the man in the car with her was "my boyfriend, who told my mother that if she would let him marry me, he would always take good care of me." I'm glad he had that at least.

So, since no dinner we decided to go to Thai Boxing and punch out our frustrations on a bag. I'm glad I went because it was a fabulous workout with one of my favorite Senseis and I actually felt a bit thinner when we left.

I'm off work today so I slept in a bit then did a hard run of 4.25 miles. I ran faster than I have in a while which was encouraging.

You know that motivation I've been looking for? I think I'm feeling a bit already simply from making better choices in the last 24 hours. Funny how that works.

2 comments:

  1. It's not about eating perfect or being perfect, it's about eating better and exercising more. Sounds like you're doing great on both fronts. Keep it up.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I have an award for you!

    ReplyDelete