Friday, October 2, 2009

80 Degrees and Rising

Along with many of my fellow bloggers, I am participating in South Beach Steve's Hot 100 - trying to make the last 100 days of 2009 the best they can be and strrreeeetch for some goals I've set.

Here are my goals:

1. Keep the wine down to 2 glasses on no more than 2 days.
2. Track my food - the good, the bad, the ugly
3. Burn at least 2500 calories a week through exercise.
4. Advance to my next belt in Thai Boxing, which means I have to have perfect attendance and learn the material!
5. Use the weekend to plan and precook some of our weekly meals so that we are eating nutritiously and deliciously.

Here's how I did:

1. FAIL. While I only had 4 glasses of wine over the course of the week, I did partake on 3 separate days. Since I'm really trying to get out of the habit of walking in the house and pouring a glass of wine, that's a fail for me.

2. SUCCESS! Yes, it was quite annoying to track that extra day of wine but I'm a person who needs to see what I'm doing and what I've done. Otherwise the intake begins to creep up on me and then I'm eating too much food.

3. SUCCESS! Total calorie burn for the week: 2684.

4. SUCCESS! Perfect attendance is considered 2 classes a week and I did 3.

5. SUCCESS! In fact I was so successful at planning our meals and pre-making food that we still have food for dinner this evening... and my husband said, "Uh, maybe we could eat something different tonight." Ha!

So, I say that I'm at 80 degrees working towards hitting the 100! Overall, I am happy with what I've done but I've decided that I'm going to add to the food tracking element that I need to stay under 1500 calories for 6 out of 7 days. I want to see if that helps rev up my weight loss again.

How are the rest of you doing?

6 comments:

  1. Good job this week!

    The wine was a difficult one for me at first too. I grew up in an Italian neighborhood and learned to cook in the kitchens of immigrants who know their stuff.

    I'd been cooking pasta in some form 3-4 times a week all of my life-- and making vats of home made sauce with tons of wine in it, PLUS drinking a glass or two or three with dinner, along with eating Italian bread and butter.

    I went cold turkey with all of it as that seemed the best way for me-- but I REALLY miss it. Sigh............

    Heaven bless you for the restaint you've shown. I don't trust myself yet to limit myself as you have, so I don't even have it in the house right now. I am thinking of a bottle of white with Thanksgiving and see how that goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that is quite the successful week! Oh the wine. I've been doing well during the week but I'm making sangria tomorrow night. I'm having 2 glasses. I'm purposely making a small amount so I don't over-do it. Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome!
    Remember: no w(h)ine! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am with you on the wine. It's so easy to just come in the house, get comfy clothes on and pour a glass while making dinner!

    You did great with everything else though - so you should be proud! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Helen, four out of five is pretty good, and the fifth wasn't that far off. Now, let's make it a perfect score for next week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Helen!
    It doesn't look like you need any mojo ... you're doing great!!!
    Steve's challenge is what woke me up and got the fire lit under my bum.
    When he pointed out that not only were there only 100 days left to the year but to the DECADE ... I decided enough was enough.

    I hope you have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete