Friday, October 30, 2009

Ice Cold 100

There are many of us in blogland who are participating in South Beach Steve's Hot 100.  Little did I know when I decided to participate that I would receive devastating news.  My friend is still holding on and each day the doctor's are saying "any minute."  I can't sleep so I got up and decided to read some blogs and do this update.

Even as I type this I am fascinated by the fact that things could go so badly in these areas. I wonder when I will be strong enough that nothing will set me off my path?  I am sure I will pay the price for letting my Hot 100 get Ice Cold.

 Goals:
1. Keep the wine down to 2 glasses on no more than 2 days.
2. Track my food intake and keep it under 1500 calories for 6 out of 7 days per week.
3. Burn at least 2500 calories a week through exercise.
4. Advance to my next belt in Thai Boxing, which means I have to have perfect attendance and learn the material.
5. Use the weekend to plan and precook some of our weekly meals so that we are eating.

1. FAIL – I have had one glass of wine each day.  Sometimes two.


2. FAIL – no tracking at all so I have no idea about my caloric intake

3. PASS!  . Burned 2530 calories.  I have to admit with all the stress beating the bag at Thai Boxing has been a good thing.

4. PASS! Got in my classes no problem.  See above.

5. FAIL - I am scattered so badly right now that planned meals are out the window.  Last night's dinner was cheese and crackers.  Real cheese, not even low fat.



So, there we are.


Thanks again for your thoughts and well wishes.  Though I have read through some blogs, I can't compose myself to comment mostly because my brain is in overdrive.  The only way I can explain is to tell you that one of my tasks yesterday was to write my friend's obituary.  His family asked me to do it and I couldn't say no.  That's where my life is right now.

7 comments:

  1. Helen, I am so sorry that you going through this tough time. Do the best you can. And you are having some successes on your goals. Take good care of yourself and your loved ones. Our thoughts are with you this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going thru a tough time, you can concentrate on those goals a little later on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry about the goals - they will be there when you are ready (besides you did pass 2 of them, I think that says a whole lot).

    Right now you need to focus on the important things like your health, your friend and keeping the stress to as minimal as possible during this extremely tough time.

    My thoughts and prayers are with you and your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Helen, just wanted to drop by and tell you that I am thinking of you and praying for you. Dont be too hard on yourself. You are human and I can see you love your friend and have such compassion. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Helen, I am keeping you and your friend in my prayers. Please take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Helen, as important as it is to focus on our health, there are times it takes a back seat to other things. Now is one of those times. Don't beat yourself up over this -- you are doing the right thing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh gosh, what terrible news - so sorry to hear about your friend :(

    ReplyDelete