Wednesday, October 28, 2009

A Mess

I'm a mess today.  When I got up this morning to work out I got a text message telling me that my friend who was diagnosed with cancer and should have had 18 months to live, may likely die before the week's end.  After a weekend trip away to one of his favorite cities to visit family, his body betrayed him.  He ended up in the hospital yesterday and now his organs seem to be shutting down.

I didn't work out, I forgot to weigh myself and honestly right now I'm not caring about very much other than what I can do to help that family.

I feel like I am letting all of my blogging friends down and I'm sorry. I promise you I really am a better person than this, it's just overwhelming me right now.

9 comments:

  1. Oh, Helen, I am so sorry to read about your friend. Of course you must spend time coming to terms with this. No one will feel let down here, just look after yourself and keep us posted on how you are doing.

    (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helen, sweetie, take time for yourself and your friend. Dont have any feelings of guilt because you missed an exercise or weighing. Do what you need to do. Help the family and take care of yourself. We all know you are a good person and we love you. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Helen, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. Don't worry about blogland, we are all here for you and certainly won't feel let down. You need to think of you first and work through this.
    We will still be here when you get back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with the other ladies Helen. Do what you need to do and we will still be here. Sending positive thoughts to you and your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We will wait for you. We will be here for you. Take time for yourself and your friend.

    But mostly make time for yourself!

    You're worth it!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Helen, you aren't letting any of us down. There are priorities in life, and this is one of them. I am terribly sorry to hear this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for your comments, especially with what you are facing right now. I just hope both of us can not make things WORSE by piling on the anguish of excess food. Maybe we've learned enough that it can start to be second nature to eat better just because it feels better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really can't add much to what the other ladies have said, other than words cannot express how deeply I emphathize with you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so sorry to read about your friend - being there for him and his family is so important, and yet so hard. Hang in there...hugs to you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete