Monday, October 26, 2009

Ow, We Need the Funk, Gotta Have that Funk

With apologies to George Clinton and Parliament.

 I need to turn this motha out, tear the roof off the sucka, and give up that funk. 

I have been in a super funk lately.  Once again, I am amazed at how life's circumstances are bogging me down.  It's like I don't have the energy for anything but to get through the day.  I am exercising, but as I've said before, exercise is really not a problem for me.  Out-eating my exercise is.  But more than out-eating my exercise, it's poor choices in general:
  • Waiting too long to eat
  • Choosing candy over fruit
  • Eating second helpings
  • Not sleeping enough
  • Eating too much too late in the day
  • Drinking a glass of wine because I think it will calm my nerves
You get the idea.  How to turn that around is baffling me - it's like I just don't have the energy to power through it the way I have in the past.  It's all I can do to get up and get to work on time.  I know this too shall pass but it sure is wearing me out in the meantime.

In catching up on my blog reading this morning I found this entry from South Beach Steve.  Do you think he recorded this just for me?

http://logmyloss.com/?p=2209

6 comments:

  1. Turn it around one step at a time. Get more sleep, you'll feel a whole lot better! Just work on your list.

    From what I'm reading on blogs and forums, a lot of people are in a fall funk. This too shall pass!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just keep your eyes on the prize. It helps me get out of the funk if I remember exactly why I started this journey to begin with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate to hear that you are in a funk, Helen. Try doing what jo said and sleep more. I dont do good at all if I dont get enough zzzzs. Come on woman, shake your groove thing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Amanda and that's what keeps me focused: Keep your eye on the prize. I have to be specific with myself because "the prize" is a little abstract. Specifically, I want to get back into a pair of slacks that are too tight to wear; or I want to shop in regular size departments again and not "Women's World."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Helen, it is amazing how many people have had the same response as you, thinking this spoke directly to them. As Jo said, there are a lot of us in the Fall Funk right now. Now, how about we all pull out of it together?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe a bit of a switcharound and try something different for a while will help? Variety has kept me sane and kept my enthusiasmm up.

    More sleep will help (whatever that is, lol)!

    ReplyDelete