Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Wait! Is That Rumble Thunder?

As I did my pre-dawn run this morning, my stomach was rumbling a little and I realized that for the last few mornings, I have been waking up slightly hungry. That’s a good thing for me because it absolutely means I have not been stuffing myself in the evenings.

Past experience indicates it usually also means that my body is starting to work on shedding weight. I hope so, because I don’t feel like I’m losing right now. On the other hand, I’ve had three people in the last three days ask me if I’m losing weight so maybe I’ll be surprised when I weigh in tomorrow.

Honestly, I think what may be happening, more than a sudden large weight loss, is that my body has finally responded to the pounding I’ve been giving it at Thai Boxing and that perhaps I’m losing inches. I did measure myself back in July when I started and plan on checking at the 6 month mark which will be January 1, 2010. Hopefully before I actually pull out the measuring tape, my clothing will let me know.

Either way, inches or weight, it would be refreshing to see some sort of result. Recently, Shelley stated that it is frustrating to see how other people lose so much faster when she feels stuck. I sort of feel that way too. I dream of being like Karen and posting a photo every day that shows my weight inching down but for some reason that’s not my reality right now.

So, I try to gather strength from other people’s success so that I won’t quit. And I try to remember that usually if I want to lose weight, I need to hear the rumble and feel slightly hungry quite a bit.

6 comments:

  1. Atta girl, keep at it! I had to work through being hungry in the mornings as well, but now I only occasionally get hungry before I get home from my morning walk. It's like my body doesn't bother trying to be hungry because it knows I'm not feeding it until 7:00 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That happens to me too Helen. And it seems like when I feel the rumble during the night and morning is when the scale starts to drop! I found it strange and I'm glad to know its not just me. And I've also noticed it happens when I eat less carbs at night. There is so much for me to learn. I'm curious to see what your weigh in shows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean about not waking up hungry for a loooong time, it is great to have that appetite back again and is a sign that the body is working to burn some fat (hopefully overnight as we sleep, lol).

    Good luck for your weigh-in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, me again - You have an award! Please visit my blog to collect it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. For me, when I wake up hungry, I will usually see a loss on the scale for the week...so that's great news for you, I hope!

    And it helps to know that there are others who are doing what they should be with verrrry slow progress - although I wish I could wave a magic wand and help us all along with a decent loss each week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bet you are going to be pleasantly surprised on weigh day. If not, the non-scale victories are better anyhow. Compliments are worth lots more than a number. :-)

    ReplyDelete