Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Whoomp There It Is

I haven't been around because I've spent the last 48 hours helping my friend who was given the terminal diagnosis plan his funeral. It has been a sad couple of days and will be sadder yet in the next months.

I haven't given up on my goals, but I want to. I think what keeps me chugging along is that I'm terrified if I give up completely, I'll get big as a house as I drown all my stress in food. Even though my food choices were not spectacular over the weekend I did stay in calorie range. Plus I exercised a lot - though exercise is not usually a problem for me at all. My doctor keeps telling me that stress is toxic for me and now I have proof: I gained back what I lost last week. Boy oh boy does my body like this number or what? Whoomp There It Is!




I don't know, maybe I need to get all "diety" like Fitcetera or figure out what Sean or Jack or Fat Daddy are doing - they're melting away.

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have so much going on right now, diet must be the last thing on your mind. If you can tread water (no big gains and no big losses), you can consider yourself very successful. Your friend needs you to be strong. Sorry to hear of your friend's prognosis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh sorry about your friend. That has got to be a tough thing to do. My body likes to stay at a fixed weight too but you're doing a great job considering. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Helen! I'm sorry to hear about your friend! You are a good friend!
    Stress can play tricks on our bodies. It's good that you are working out to help with your stress, and watching those calories and posting those scale moments no matter how frustrating! I know you will get the loss you're looking for!
    Remember this is a forever journey!
    We'll get there together!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about the stress you have been going thru. Keep at the healthy eating and exercising and you will get to your goal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Helen you are such a good friend. The weekend must have been so hard. I am going to pray for you and your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am going to collect my award as soon as I get my computer straightend out. I have a goblin in it I believe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Helping a friend plan their funeral? Oh my goodness, I think of anything sadder or more stressful. How very heart breaking that must have been for you.

    Give yourself a tiny break on the weight loss front. Going through something like planning a funeral when someone is dead is hard, but doing it while their alive and death is only months away sounds incredibly stressful.

    ReplyDelete