Monday, November 16, 2009

Fog

I'm not talking about the weather kind, although we've had quite a bit of that too what with the unseasonably warm temperatures here.  It's my brain, my mental state.

While I am working hard at getting back to normal after recent events, I feel like I'm operating in a fog.  I hate this feeling and can't wait until clarity returns.  Many times already this morning I've found myself staring at something on my desk and I realize I have no idea how long I've been sitting there like that. I know it's part of how I grieve but this also makes me feel like everything is in slow motion.

Plus on top of everything else, I'm struggling with something that came up in my relationship over the weekend.  Maybe the fog is there to act like a shock absorber and get me through.

In terms of food and exercise, my weekend went well so I am quite happy with that.  Sometimes weekends are the hardest time for me so any time I've reached Monday and feel in control, that's a very good thing. 

I hope everyone else is moving along towards their various goals.  I can't believe Thanksgiving is in 10 days, can you?

.

7 comments:

  1. It's going to take some time Helen. Don't fight it and let if flow. You will eventually feel normal again. I'm proud that you are still taking care of yourself, your focus in that area is still right on... Sorry you are experiencing issues close to home at this time as well but I think you are pretty strong lady and that too will work itself out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear you are having difficulties on top of what you've already been dealing with...I know the expression is we won't be given more than we can handle but boy can it feel that way at times!

    Take care of yourself!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fog is so normal - you've been through a lot, and I'm sorry that more was added over the weekend. Hang in there, Helen.

    Oh and Thanksgiving? Yeah, that got here quick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Helen,
    I'm catching up on blogs and just read your life changing event post. I'm so very sorry. I can't even imagine the kind of grief you're going through.

    I have no real words of comfort except time will help, it's just getting to that point where it doesn't hurt quite as much as it does not. That's the real challenge you face.

    Staring off into space and being in a fog is completely normal. I've been watching my sister doing the same thing. When I'd ask her what she was thinking, she'd say I don't know...nothing I guess. I think it's the mind's way of handling things it's just can't deal with at the moment. A mental vacation. If you thought about how awful it was all the time, you probably couldn't deal with it.

    Take care of yourself. Be gentle with yourself. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Helen, you have really been through a lot lately. Don't rush getting back to normal. Normal will come in due time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Helen -- sending love and positive energy your way. And there's a new award waiting for you over at my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Helen, looks like Lori-Ann beat me to it again :) but I have awarded the same award to you..... just means you are loved :)

    ReplyDelete