Thursday, December 3, 2009

Blogger is Acting Up, Perhaps It Needs A Side of Peppers?

Mini-Vent: Why does Blogger act up for no apparent reason?  Two days ago it wouldn't show that I had any comments - thankfully I get notified via email.  Yesterday,  it wasn't showing that I posted at all.  Sometimes I can't see my friends; sometimes a person posts first thing in the morning and it shows up in my blogroll 6 hours later.  Sigh.  Okay, all better now.

If you didn't see yesterday's post, please go check out my weigh-in - then see below.  YAY!

Before I get to my Hot 100 update I should mention that I finally succumbed to antibiotics on Monday and am finally starting to feel better, which helps with meeting goals.

1. Keep the alcohol intake to a minimum.
2. Track my food intake and keep it at 1500 calories or less as a weekly average.
3. Lose 6 pounds in the remaining weeks of 2009.
4. Advance to my next belt in Thai Boxing, which means I have to have perfect attendance and learn the material.

1. I'll give myself a half pass on this one.  Drank quite a bit of wine on Thanksgiving and the day after when we got together with my in-laws.  Unfortunately, I let the stress of the day drive that decision.  But I haven't had anything to drink since last Friday so it's all good.

2. Tracking was good and average was 1501 calories, if you didn't count Thanksgiving where I allowed myself an extra 1000.  But I did track, including all the wine I drank.  So maybe a three-quarters victory.

3. I lost 1 lb. this week.  You know I was hoping for 1.2 or more because I was short the .2 last week but hey a pound is a pound and it's a brand new week. Plus, I lost during a holiday week.  Amazing.

4. Got in my Thai Boxing classes and also decided to try out regular Karate for the month of December.  I can't believe how much I'm enjoying the addition of martial arts to my exercise program!

Thanks again Steve for motivating us to be the best we can be as the year draws to a close.

5 comments:

  1. Blogger annoys the hell out of me too. A lot of times, when I try to follow someone's blog, the window that is supposed to pop up and let me follow WON'T pop up, even if I disable my pop up blocker. This happens a lot and also when I try to comment on some blogs.

    I've stumbled across some great blogs and then lose track of them because of this nonsense. Anyway, at least we don't get so frustrated over it that we eat. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have trouble with blogger too, but I figure since it's free there's not much I can do about it. :)

    Glad to hear you're feeling better. Great job on reaching your goals. I suck at reaching goals, it seems like the more I set the them the more I fail at them. I annoy the heck out of myself sometimes.

    Keep up the great work. You give me hope. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to know how these other folks get such lovely blogs with tabs and all that with other programs other than blogger..... I'm a server administrator and I have NO clue :)

    But way to go on the Hot 100 goals - you are doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go Helen! I'm just catching up again. Thanks so much for all your sweet comments. They have helped so much! Happy to see you are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Helen, great work on the goals this week, especially being a holiday week!

    ReplyDelete