Thursday, December 10, 2009

A Little Late and A Pound Short

I have had such a busy morning that I didn’t even have time to pop into Blogger and get this posted. But here I am finally with this week’s Hot 100 update.

Here are my goals:

1. Keep the alcohol intake to a minimum.
2. Track my food intake and keep it at 1500 calories or less as a weekly average.
3. Lose 6 pounds in the remaining weeks of 2009.
4. Advance to my next belt in Thai Boxing, which means I have to have perfect attendance and learn the material.

Here is how I did:

1. Not only did I keep alcohol to a minimum, I think over the last 7 days the only wine I had was at my company’s Business After Hours on Tuesday evening. Seriously, this time last week I had an open bottle of wine in the fridge that was half full. I went to the liquor store over the weekend and bought a couple more bottles and threw them in the wine rack. Today as I write this, that half full bottle is still sitting in the fridge and no bottles were opened. I won by 1000% on this one this week – yay me!

2. Average caloric intake was 1377. Yay me again!

3. Alright, this is a tough one. For some reason unbeknownst to me, I gained 1.2 lbs. this week which means in all likelihood I will not make this goal. I needed to lose another 1.2 (not gain it) in order to stay on track! As I said in my post yesterday this is probably completely hormonal or thyroidal but I just do not have any way of knowing. As my friend said to me last night, “Girl with the way you eat and the exercise you do, you should be a stick!” I KNOW. What I have been working on is not getting frustrated and giving up, which I have managed well this week, and so for that I say yay me again.

4. So far so good on this one but I really won’t know until next week what the deal is because this is a short month with the dojo being closed the week between Christmas and New Years. They may not even test for belts before the year end – but that wouldn’t be my failure would it.

All in all I am very (and weirdly) happy. Yes, I would like the scale to move but honestly I really am trying my very, very hardest. What more could I ask of myself?

6 comments:

  1. You've made progres to really be proud of no matter what the silly scale says. The composition of your body can shift in favor of muscle without the scale moving or with it showing a gain. I think that as long as we can look ourselves in the eye everyday and say that we did the best we could, then eventually, we'll get to our goals. Three cheers for you this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your last paragraph is wonderful - glad you are happy, Helen - you've been through a lot this year and it's nice to see you in a good place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're doing your best--that's all we can ask of ourselves. As Amazon Runner said above, we'll getto our goals... as long as we keep pluggin away.

    I'm loving your upbeat and positive mood. I need the motivation... this weather has me pretty gloomy.

    Congrats on meeting your goals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! Don't sweat the scale. It's so much more than just the number. If you are following your plan, the scale will eventually follow as well :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent results Helen! You are doing such a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If we give it all we have, that is all we can do. For that, you should be proud.

    ReplyDelete