Thursday, December 31, 2009

Shooting for the Stars

I  imagine there will be a lot of goal listing and reflecting in blogland today.  Count me in.  Listed here, not necessarily in the order they will be performed are my goals: Shooting for the Stars, 2010 Version


1. To get back on track with nutrition. 2009 slowly spiraled down in this area and I need to remember how good I feel when I eat better and cleaner.
2. To not refuse to let the nurse weigh me at the doctor’s office. Which I have been doing for most of 2009. I’m not even sure why I refuse…
3. To get rid of anything larger than a size 10 and to wear the smaller stuff that is in those storage totes in my closet.
4. To wear size Medium consistently.
5. To not automatically reach for a blanket or a pillow when I'm sitting on the sofa in order to hide my pot belly.
6. To stop dodging cameras when I see them pointed at me.
7. To cut the crap with the alcohol intake. I used to only have an occasional glass of wine or other adult beverage and mostly on Saturday evening if we were out for dinner. That’s what I need to get back to.
8. To keep aiming at my first goal weight, which, ultimately, is 150 (then I’ll see) but I'm not going to set a date. I’ve spent a lot of years putting timeline pressure on myself and since my thyroid stopped working a couple years ago all that has done is make me feel stressed. If 2010 ends up being the year of the 150s great! But if not, no way am I giving up.
9. To, ultimately, weigh less at the end of 2010 than I did at the beginning.
10. To learn how to give myself a break, cut myself some slack. Being so hard on myself isn’t really helping and it may actually be hurting.
11. To cut other people some slack and not be uptight/stressed about things I cannot control.
12. To be more open to flying by the seat of my pants and not so rigid about planning every little thing.
13. To spend less and save more. The saving of $5 bills is working well but I want to try to up the ante so to speak
14. To not be so consumed with weight loss that I forget to enjoy my life and my loved ones.
15. Have a fabulous 50th Birthday. Not sure exactly what I want to do or how I want to celebrate but I want it to be memorable… or maybe even just one more trip to Grand Case, St. Martin, my favorite place in the whole world.

8 comments:

  1. Well there ya go, I don't have to write my own goals, I just have to point everyone to yours... Wow, how we are the same.

    I can completely relate to goals 5-14.... every single one of them. #11 was something I had an issue with over the holidays and I said to my daughter and Ron that I must learn to relax and go with the flow....

    You can do it Helen, we both can! 2010 is going to be a new experience for all of us....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list. I see a lot of things I need to do in there!
    I'm definately going to eat better and avoid the adult beverages! That seems to be a key componant to my weight loss/gain I have had this past year.

    Happy New Year!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like you, I had a highly-developed "camera radar". There may be a good ten-year period where it's difficult to locate a photograph of me. These days, I'm jumping into shots of people I don't even know (I really do owe that wedding party an apology).

    Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heres to you reaching the stars in 2010! You'll get there. You have a great list, 5 & 6 are skills that I do very well myself.

    Can't wait to see what all you accomplish (=

    ReplyDelete
  5. May you achieve all of them and then some - especially #15!

    Happy New Year Miss Helen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Helen, I think you have a great 2010 in store for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great, great list, Helen. Keep blogging - I want to read about all of your accomplishments...and I have no doubt that you will be able to do everything you listed! Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this list - I need to steal one from yours though!

    "To be more open to flying by the seat of my pants and not so rigid about planning every little thing."

    While I do have to plan for my diabetes, I sometimes beat myself up if everything isn't just so.

    HAPPY NEW YEAR HELEN!

    ReplyDelete