Wednesday, January 13, 2010

7 is my Lucky Number.

I am having a weird day mentally - just haven't been feeling like myself at all.  So, I wasn't going to post today because I felt like anything I had to say would be a downer.  Then I started reading all my favorite blogs and the very lovely and honest Diana gave me this award:


I love Diana's blog and over and over again can't get over how much she and I are alike.  I tell her that we are east and west coast sisters.  Isn't it great how the internet brings people together? 

Anyway, this award is just what the doctor ordered - because it made me focus on something other than feeling blah.

As usual with an award, there are conditions. In this case, I have to share 7 things about myself. For your reading pleasure, in no particular order, here is my Honest Seven (rated R):

  • I didn’t try marijuana until I was 28 years old and I actually didn’t like it. Or rather I didn’t like the feeling that I wasn’t in control.
  • I am unabashedly, deeply in love with my husband – more than he even knows. I think he’s hot, sexy, and is the man of my dreams. It’s my second marriage and we will be celebrating our 18th anniversary in May.
  • I am terrified that my husband will wake up and realize that he’s married to a rather ordinary, chubby-fat woman and that he could definitely do much better.
  • I was a virgin when I got married (the first time – ha!). But then again, I was only 18.
  • I didn’t start running until I was 42 years old, but I have run 3 marathons in addition to many other races of various lengths.
  • I have walked 1 marathon for breast cancer research. I did it because I have 2 sister-in-laws who are breast cancer survivors. I walked like a madwoman and was the first walker to the finish. It took me 5:43 which is faster than I ran my first marathon.
  • My friends and family do not know anything about this blog. Nor do they know some of the things I just told you.
Now, in turn I get to pass this on - these are all bloggers I read every time they post and they each give me something different.  I hope you'll look them up if they're not already in your blogroll.  Again in no particular order:






9 comments:

  1. Congratulations!

    I also got married when I was 18! :0)

    Brittany

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Helen, 3 Marathons all after 42 - that's fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Helen, you are an amazing woman!
    It would be fun if we won the make-overs and could meet in NYC! NYC! What fun we could have there!

    Congratulations on the award!

    I am inspired by you!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also got married at 18! :-)

    Thanks for the award!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm honored thank you!!!!

    my best always my friend,

    Sean

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your award :-) Very nice blog! Perfect 10 challenge update is coming soon. Best wishes that its going well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your accomplishments are absolutely incredible!!! You inspire me to want more out of me!

    Thank you again

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Helen!! Loved your list - I must have missed this post - and I did have a glass of wine last night, but a small one - not my fish bowl wine glass that holds (I am probably not kidding - 20 ounces of wine!).

    Happy Thursday my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Helen! I just saw this now and am honored to have you mention me.

    ReplyDelete