Monday, January 25, 2010

Bleh.

That's how I feel today.  Bleh.  Can't seem to get myself alert and awake, it's only 8 am and I am ready for the day to be over.  Hubby came home sick on Friday - I sure hope I'm not catching his cold!

Friday Stats:
55 min. run
1431 calories; 187g carbs; 46g fat; 82g protein
8 glasses water
No alcohol

Saturday Semi Stats:
65 min. run
15 glasses water
Cosmopolitan and 1 glass of wine at company Holiday Party

Sunday Stats:
Rest
1546 calories 144g carbs; 46g fat; 103g protein
1 glass water
1 glass wine

Good thing I drank all that water on Saturday because yesterday I had so little you would have thought I was wandering the desert.  Good grief.  I don't know why but I just had a hard time drinking in general yesterday.  I managed to get down 2 cups of coffee and 3 glasses of decaf iced tea, 1 glass of water and 1 glass of wine.  That was it for the whole day.  Just not thirsty for some reason.

My company holiday party was a blast!  If you missed it you can go here to see a few photos of my fanciness.

This is a very nice affair with a sit down dinner and dancing.  In between we have a nice slide show rounding up the year and we hear all the statistics.  Of course this year there was also a tribute to my boss who passed away in October.  It was very well done.  As hard as I tried, I couldn't hold back the tears but there were lots of us around that room shedding tears.  We miss Ron a whole bunch.

Each year we have a choice of meal.  This year it was Prime Rib, a chicken breast with port wine reduction, or a Stuffed Portobella Mushroom.  I chose the mushroom.  It was delicious and I may try to recreate it at home.  It had a layer of artichokes on the bottom and then was mounded with a bread/spinach stuffing.  Yummy.

Yesterday I spent the day cleaning and cooking and preparing for this week.  I never even left my house one time which was okay because I was sort of feeling draggy yesterday too but I thought it was because I had whooped it up Saturday night and didn't get to bed until after 12:30.  In fact, if you look at the pictures I took the last one isof all the bobby pins that were in my hair and the date stamp on it is yesterday's date.  That's because it took me from 11:50-12:30 to get all those darn pins out!  The price of beauty.

How was your weekend?

Just a reminder that you have about one more day to enter Tricia's giveaway of a Road ID.  This is a fabulous ID that comes in several different styles, including one that you can actually tie into your shoelaces.  Perfect for the outdoor exerciser.  Never leave home without ID again!  Enter here.

10 comments:

  1. Glad you had a great time on Saturday, I saw the pictures and you looked pretty fancy :) Loved the hair.
    Up the Vit D if you feel like you might be fighting a cold - seemed to have worked wonders for me last week when I though I was coming down with something.
    I've tried the portebella mushroom in the past but didn't like the way it was prepared. The way you had it sounds very very delish.
    Here's to a great week Helen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you aren't getting sick. PUSH the water today, no matter what. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh No! Don't get sick!

    I forgot to mention, you're hair looked mah-velous!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. You looked fabulous! :)

    And thanks for the super sweet comment today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes!! Push liquids. Hot soup, hot tea, water, juice, water, water, wat. I am a firm believer in drowning out colds before they have a chance to take hold. I hope you feel better soon!

    After my wedding, I had so many pins in my hair and they were holding bits of dried flowers and seed pods and what-all that I had to go back to my hair dresser (who was luckily also MY best man and at the same hotel) to get him to take them out. There were 43!! The only time in my life I had my hair that styled (but we called the style, "I woke up in a fall meadow this morning").

    ReplyDelete
  6. We were sick like your hubby. We're better now. I hope you don't get sick. Keep drinking that water!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your fancy duds looked great, and I would like to hurt you to have your hair! Good color, and lots of it. Both are the opposite of my hair. Oh well.

    When someone says they cooked for the week, I'm always tempted to ask for the details. Why do I love to hear about food so much? I guess that's why I'm here.

    Stay well! I'm a big believer in Cold-eze and mega fluids if you can cram them down. Hope you stay healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh...mushroom...artichoke....I need to know more. Yum.

    Sorry you are feeling a bit ick. Up that vitamin D for 2-3 days......that will help your body defend against any bugs that you might be battling.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry to hear you're not feeling 100%. I know its hard to drink that water but please try to drink lots of fluids, warm tea and get lots of rest. Your workout and food look pretty good.

    BTW--you look great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yummy, that stuffed Portabella mushroom sounds wonderful. If you figure out the recipe be sure to post it. I'm trying to add in more vegetarian meals these days.

    Glad you had such a good time. And still sorry about your boss. That must have been hard. I always cry at memorials when they do slide shows. Even though the person is happy in the pictures, it always makes me sad.

    Sorry you're feeling bleh today. Too much partying!

    ReplyDelete