Monday, January 18, 2010

Happy Monday

Friday Stats:
55 minute run
8 glasses of water
Few adult beverages

Saturday Stats:
60 minute run – outside finally!
1484 calories; 155g carbs; 61g fat; 89g protein
12 glasses of water
No alcohol

Sunday Stats:
45 minute run – outside again!
1476 calories; 168g carbs; 55g fat; 79g protein
8 glasses of water
No alcohol

I took Friday as my R&R day – no nutrition numbers for that day. I had bought my husband tickets to see Darius Rucker & Rascal Flatts so we were at that concert Friday night. I had a few glasses of wine… which explains why I drank all the water on Saturday lol! The concert was FAB-U-LOUS. If they come to your area it’s a go see for sure show.

Normally I take Sunday as a rest day from exercise but our weather broke a bit and the snow mostly melted away so I couldn’t resist being able to run outside, in the daylight, two days in a row. On both weekend runs, I felt the effects of being on the treadmill too much. I know some people are able to translate treadmill runs into great outdoor runs, but not me. Too much treadmilling makes me slow. But, I was so glad to be outside!

Last week I was bestowed this award by Beth, Lori-Ann, and Leslie. Thank you ladies!




The rules for this one including sharing10 things that make you happy and also to pass it on. I think this award has pretty much made the rounds so all I’m going to do this time is share my 10 Happy Things:

1. Summer. My favorite season. Everything about it, including the hot humid dog days.
You’ll see that several other things on this list are sort of related.

2. Books. I’d rather read than watch TV any day.

3. The Beach. My favorite place to be. The smell of a beach, even in winter, brings a smile to my face.

4. Running. Especially a run where everything comes together – where I’m wearing the perfect clothes, my pace is great, and I don’t have any aches or pains.

5. Cooking. Food is the palette that I paint with. When I get upset, my first instinct is to whip up a batch of something.

6. Spa Day. There’s nothing better to calm the body and spirit. If I could afford to I’d go at least once every couple of months.

7. Successfully surprising a loved one. For example, those concert tickets completely astonished my husband. It really was better to give than to receive.

8. The first whiff of honeysuckle in late spring. Guess why? Because it means summer is coming!

9. Grand Case, St. Martin, FWI. When we first visited this little village and its accompanying Caribbean island, I felt like I’d come home. I wait each year with bated breath to see if we can afford to go and I cry on each flight back to the USA. If I hit the lotto, this is where I’ll retire.

10. My daughter. Sometimes I wonder where she came from. I say this because I am really not the sort of person who ever should have been a mother. She has a great career and in both her personal life and career, turned out to be a loving, compassionate human being. A better person than I am, which is what I think most parents would wish for their children.

7 comments:

  1. When I saw your list that included "adult beverages" it reminded me of Bridget Jones Diary-she always listed units of alcohol. LOL!

    I love spa days too, aren't they the best?

    ReplyDelete
  2. honeysuckle is wonderful, but I prefer orange blossoms. mmmmmmmm :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Summer, books, the beach - me too! Those would definietly have been on the top of my list.

    Now about your daughter...you crack me up! Do you seriously think she would have turned out to be such an incredible human being if you yourself weren't such an incredible human being too? Obviously, you were much better at being a mom than you think. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awh, congrats on the award! What an honor

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love reading other people's favorite things! The whiff of spring flora, whichever arrives in the nose first, is so heavenly and hopeful! I'm with you on summer, beaches and books. Hopefully this summer I'll put on a bathing suit for the first time in years to actually sit on a beach!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel the same way, that being a mom was really difficult fo me. I was not good at it and I admit it. Everything with kids is so immediate and monumental-- all that drama! I like peace and quiet, so that was all hell for me.

    Most of our kids are so open and friendly and neither DH or I are like that. We both have a lot of "loner" qualities. My son Tom talks with people so easily and has a ton of friends. We don't understand where this came from!

    I know I seem friendly in my blog and I want to be! But in person I am someone that others don't approach easily. Weird.

    Glad you were able to surprise DH. And I LOVE Darius Rucker since the Hootie days.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for your support. I love the title of your blog. It is a 180, isn't it? Your list was touching. I can see we have many things in common. So many of us along this road seem to, you notice that?

    Thank you again Helen,

    My best always
    Sean

    ReplyDelete