Thursday, March 25, 2010

The Climb

Ever since I wrote my post yesterday, I've been thinking about falling and getting back up.  That it's not all about the end destination but the journey of getting there.  And I haven't been able to get this song out of my head.  It's how I'm feeling today (boldface & italics mine):


The Climb

I can almost see it
That dream I am dreaming
But there's a voice inside my head saying
"You'll never reach it"

Every step I'm taking
Every move I make feels
Lost with no direction
My faith is shaking

But I gotta keep trying
Gotta keep my head held high

There's always gonna be another mountain
I'm always gonna wanna make it move
Always gonna be a uphill battle
Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose

Ain't about how fast I get there
Ain't about what's waiting on the other side
It's the climb

The struggles I'm facing
The chances I'm taking
Sometimes might knock me down
But no, I'm not breaking

I may not know it
But these are the moments that
I'm gonna remember most, yeah
Just gotta keep going

And I, I got to be strong
Just keep pushing on

'Cause there's always gonna be another mountain
I'm always gonna wanna make it move
Always gonna be a uphill battle
Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose

Ain't about how fast I get there
Ain't about what's waiting on the other side
It's the climb, yeah!

There's always gonna be another mountain
I'm always gonna wanna make it move
Always gonna be an uphill battle
Somebody's gonna have to lose

Ain't about how fast I get there
Ain't about what's waiting on the other side
It's the climb, yeah!

Keep on moving, keep climbing
Keep the faith, baby
It's all about, it's all about the climb

Keep the faith, keep your faith, whoa

Songwriters: Alexander, J; Mabe, J;

 

10 comments:

  1. You are right Helen, it's not about the destination so much as it is about the journey. Learning as we go.
    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not usually a Miley fan, but I do like that song. Good message.

    My song this week has been Unwritten.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this. I should have just deferred to you! Let's keep on keeping on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this song. One of my favorites. Not so fond of Miley, but hey, it's a great song. :)

    Great attitude Helen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never heard the song, which isn't surprising since I'm gleaning that Miley Cyrus sings it. Great lyrics though.

    It is all about the journey, because as long as we're breathing, we're on it. There is no end point. Once we reach "goal", we still have to keep moving forward. There will always be challenges, struggles and victories. Thanks for reminding me of this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I must have PMS, because I am sitting here crying as I read that. I've heard that song a million times & never really listened to the words. Wow. Great lyrics.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Helen,
    I have been so touched by these last two entries and have wanted to comment but I've so short on time. You have given me much to ponder and consider and I will probably be posting soon on some of the thoughts this entry has inspired.

    Helen, I'm not going to tell you what you've been doing or trying is wrong or what you should be trying next. You obviously have more knowledge and personal experience through your journey than I will ever have in this area and I am certain you are an expert by now on all the things you've tried.

    What I wanted to say was simply this: you may have struggled and not achieved your weight loss goals. But I hope and trust that all your hard work has paid off in other ways. You ran a marathon! You are healthy! You are strong! You are vibrant and vital and full of life! I hope that throughout your journey these major victories have been felt and appreciated. When I read your blog THAT is what I see. I don't see someone who has failed. I see someone who has accomplished amazing things and continues to work at overall improvement.

    Best wishes and I hope you are proud of all that you have accomplished :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is one of my alltime favourite pick-me-up songs - it never fails to fill me with new courage!

    ReplyDelete