Wednesday, March 10, 2010

I'm Not That Creative, But Thanks!

You know that sugar craving I've been having from the antibiotic I'm on?  Well, the favors at my surprise party were Smiley Face Bags of 1970's candies: Clark Bars, Charleston Chews, Bit O Honey, Mary Janes, etc.  People really enjoyed them!  Since my clever daughter came up with that idea, all the leftovers came to my house.  She had made a special bag for me with Good n Plenty (I love licorice!) and Junior Mints.  So, when it came time for her to go back to DC, I sent away all the leftovers and told her to put them in her office - EXCEPT for the Good n Plenty and Junior Mints.  Sigh.  I was jonesing for some candy so bad last night I finally looked it up and found that 33 pieces have 130 calories so that's what I did. At least they calmed my nerves.  I can't even explain this crazy craving!

Overall, I had a great day yesterday. I got my eating right back under control - almost too controlled. Though I felt like I ate a lot, when I tracked my food I'd only eaten 1244 calories and that included the 33 pieces of Good 'n Plenty. I got to a Muay Thai class last night and couldn't believe how fast one can get out of shape.  I really struggled through that class but I did make it to the end.  This morning, I got up and ran 4.5 miles on my treadmill while watching Biggest Loser.  It felt sooooo good to run!!  Hopefully I'm easing back into a groove.

I have now had 3 bloggers bestow this award on me:

Thanks to Linda, Leslie and Sunny!

Linda actually gave me the award a couple of weeks ago and I kept putting it off because I could not think of anything to write... then Leslie and Sunny also gave it to me and I've had my thinking cap on ever since.  I guess I'm not very creative - either that or I find it hard to lie - ha!

The rules are:


1. Thank the person who gave this to you.
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link to the person who nominated you.
4. Tell up to 6 outrageous lies about yourself, and at least one outrageous truth.
5. Nominate 7 "creative writers" who might have fun coming up with outrageous lies.
6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know you nominated them.

The facts and fiction are as follows:

1. I am really a brunette

2. I have lived in every state except Alaska and Hawaii

3. I had moved 14 times by the time I was 18 years old.

4. I hosted a local television program.

5. I have eaten fried flying ants.

6. I have visited England, France, and Italy.

Take a guess, leave your guess in the comments and I’ll let you know on Friday which is fact and which is fiction!

Now you know I'm totally breaking changing the rules.  I am going to bestow this on only ONE blogger because he writes creatively all the time...  Jack Sh*t, Gettin' Fit, this award is for you.

BUT - your rules (since I didn't bestow on 7 bloggers) are that you have to do 7 times the work:  42 pieces of information about yourself, 36 need to be fiction, 6 should be fact.  Come on Jack, make us guess the real truth about you!






7 comments:

  1. Congrats on your awards! You know how I love the truth! lol!
    Good for you getting back to your workouts! You'll get your strentgh back quickly.
    I think licorice would be a good choice for your sugar cravings! At least it won't totally blow your daily calorie counts!

    I think the truth on your list is you ate fried flying ants!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jack Sh*t?
    Is he real, or just an enigma in our collective minds?
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are amazing. Even after your blowout birthday! Sorry I missed it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you have visited England France and Italy.

    I think I might start telling doctors that I'm allergic to that antibiotic I don't think that I could handle that! You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see you as a world traveler, so I'm with JBS.

    You gave me a good laugh with your comment about being caught ina wheelchair being less embarrassing than being caught in a bikini! That's the truth for sure! Good grief - thanks for giving me a different perspective about being pushed around in a w/c! Maybe I should wear a bikini in the w/c! I'd be arrested for visual terrorism!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you have not lived in every state except Hawaii and Alaska.
    My other choice is you're not really a brunette.
    The other options sound too real to be false.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm guessing #4, the tv program.

    ReplyDelete