Friday, March 12, 2010

Saved the Best for Last.

This is the final installment of the Perfect 10.

I can’t believe how fast these 10 weeks have gone! For today’s update, I am going to talk about how I did overall. The numbers in parenthesis are how many weeks out of the ten that I achieved my goal.


Track my food. Sometimes it’s hard, especially when you are tracking a day where things are not going so well! The one week I didn't track was the first week of my pneumonia. (9/10)

Run a minimum of 20 miles per week. I was doing really well with this until a full month of pneumonia. Still I am claiming victory in this area because had it not been for that I would have done this more weeks than not. (6/10)

Water: 64 oz. a day. Sigh. What can I say. This is still my Achilles heel! (4/10)

Lose 8 pounds. As we all know last week I weighed in a 179 lbs. and mentioned that I probably would not make my goal of losing 8 lbs. over the course of the challenge. Here is todays weigh in:


YEAH BABY! 8 POUNDS EXACTLY!!!!!

I couldn’t believe it. I kept getting off and on and taking another picture. I took about a dozen photos of myself on the scale this morning so I know that’s the real deal. (10/10)

Overall, I’d give myself a B for the entire Perfect 10. As I mentioned yesterday, I’ve found this exercise to be great for me because I learned that I like small, short term goals when it comes to weight loss. But, I’d say the most important thing I’ve learned is that I don’t have to PERFECT to get good results. I just have to keep on and not quit!

This week I am combining the factoid about me with the Creative Writer Award I was given. In Wednesday’s post I gave 6 pieces of information and invited my followers to guess which might be true (or not). Here is the truth:

3. I had moved 14 times by the time I was 18 years old. My father was in the Navy when I was young. One year we actually moved 3 times. There were other years when we moved twice. Then he got out of the Navy and took a job that moved us a lot! By the time I moved to Zambia at 18, it was my 14th move.

1. I am really a brunette. Not even close.  As a child my hair was so blond it was white.
2. I have lived in every state except Alaska and Hawaii. No, but I actually have visited 46 of the 50 states.
4. I hosted a local television program. No, but I was a guest on one.
5. I have eaten fried flying ants. No. Even though these were very popular in Zambia, I steadfastly refused to even try one.
6. I have visited England, France, and Italy. Not visited, just stops in the airports!

Thanks, Steve for putting the challenge together and motivating us with your great posts and videologs over the past 10 weeks!

16 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the perfect 10! Great work. I think you earned an A. After all- you can't control when you get sick-so much of it was because of the pneumonia. I'm impressed Helen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo Hoo! Awesome work, Helen. You'd get an A+ from me too. Like JBS said, you can't control sick.

    What a way to start a weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WooHoo! And congrats! You did so well in spite of being sick! Wow!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go! 8 pounds is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on making your goal! That's totally awesome!!!

    You're definitely going to beat me to 170 if I don't get my butt in gear (I think it's in gear now...so watch out!). :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. great job on making your weight goal AND on finishing.
    Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, that scale picture is the best. Congratulations, Helen!!! You did so well, especially given that the body really gave you some uphill time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did it!!! I am so happy for you - love that you kept stepping on and off the scale in disbelief - congratulations!!!!! And that weight loss is through all of your birthday celebrations, too - great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful feet! I am jealous. I'd have to hack one of my feet off to lose 8 lbs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job -8 is awesome!!! I need to do better with water on the weekends - at work, no problem, and by Monday I am so dehydrated!

    Have an awesome weekend Chica!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow Helen! I'd give you an A+! Tracking your food for 9/10 weeks! Are you serious! I'd call it a major victory if I could track for just one solid week. And I'd lose weight if I did it too! you've inspired me Helen! Great job overall and giant congratulations!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm super impressed!! Now your scale doesn't look like mine anymore...Mine seems to be going in the opposite direction. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are welcome Helen! I am glad you found it to help you along the first part of the year. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on your sucesses in this challange!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Congratulations on reaching the 8 lb mark just in time! You did great with all your goals for this challenge. I'm happy for your success!

    ReplyDelete