Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Tuesday Ten Linky Link Version

Around where I live, the last official weekend of winter, the temps were right near 70 degrees. This past weekend – the first of spring – we had record low temps of 17. Now it’s 50 degrees and flooding. Literally. Schools are closed today for a RAIN day. Makes me wanna slap Al Gore.

I will never cease to be amazed at how casual our culture has become… since when is it appropriate to go the gym or the supermarket in pajamas? I’m talking blue with little fluffy sheep pajamas. Ridiculous.

There’s a page on Facebook called Sh*tMyDadSays. If you haven’t seen it, you should go take a look – as long as you’re not offended by some rough language. A 29 year old guy just posts the stuff his dad says. It’s pretty funny. Plus, most of it is true: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sht-my-Dad-Says/201673879514?ref=mf

I have a tatoo. Didn't get it until I was 48 years old.  Got it in celebration of running and what it means to me... after all I may not be able to run the rest of my life.


Yesterday’s post on food expense generated some interesting comments. Did you see Biz’ comment? She got red peppers for 49 cents a pound. I just paid $1.99 a pound; she gets English cukes for 99 cents and I pay $2.00 and those are the sale prices. Probably also explains why her spending equates to around $35 per person per week and mine is more like $70.

Also from yesterday's comments, RedHead asked me about my iPhone grocery list app. I use Grocery IQ. How many times have you left your list at home? I rarely leave my cell phone at home so it has turned into one of my most used applications.

Stacey K and Diana both commented on my Climb post that they aren’t really fans of Miley Cyrus. Me either. But the words to that song (which Miley did not write, but happens to sing) speak to me.

It’s a small (blogging) world, after all: from last week’s Tuesday Ten where I mentioned Duke (go Blue Devils!), I found out that both Roxie and Journey Beyond Survival have connections to Duke as well. I further discovered that JBS and I l-o-v-e the same restaurant in Durham. Bullock’s Barbecue. If you ever get to Durham, NC, Bullock’s should be on your not-to-miss list. Make sure it’s one of your splurge days though because the hot out of the kitchen, all you can eat hush puppies, will make you want to slap your mama! And don't bother taking your American Express - or Visa, or Mastercard - because it's a cash operation.

If you haven’t been to Zaababy’s blog to see her update with pictures, you must do so. After reading/seeing that, I commented that it makes me want to be a better person. I don’t want my weight to hold me back from experiencing anything for the rest of my life!

Finally, the question I've been trying to answer since reading that post:

If you had no fear, what would you be capable of?

9 comments:

  1. Hooray for BULLOCKS!!! You've made me terribly hungry now. I think I might have to make a stop while I'm down there. Mmmm. Dang lady. Those hush puppies are making my stomach growl.

    I have no idea what I'd be capable of. Because I'm afraid of so much. Yet, I can't imagine doing anymore things. I already feel like my life is amazing right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those prices look low to me because I only buy organic! It's sad that we have to spend extra money NOT to get poison in our food. :/

    9 weight loss

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so afraid of losing weight.....Being fat was my comfort. Now that I have lost weight, that notion doesn't even make sense! But because my fear of NOT being fat has gone away, I literally feel like I am capable of anything! It's liberating!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for mentioning the edamame/throid med issue. My BFF has Graves and I am calling her now to tell her about it and will do some more research on it. Tammy (Fat to Fab) was grateful you mentioned it too as she is on thyroid meds.

    Thanks for caring Helen! It means A LOT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the tattoo!

    and I never mentioned how much I love your latest profile pic :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your tattoo. Thanks for pointing Zaababy's blog - what a transformation she's gone through!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the tattoo. Thinking of getting a tiny one myself when I reach my goal weight.

    ReplyDelete
  8. love, love, love the tattoo...

    ReplyDelete