Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Tuesday Ten: Randomness

I just loved the comments on yesterday's post.  Funny how knowing what I'm struggling with is something you guys are working on too makes me feel better.

Chris' comment: "dude, If you are going to kill something a tub of ben and jerrys is darn tasty"  just made me laugh right out loud.

The sun is shining in New England, New Jersey and New York after 4 straight days of rain.  Maybe you've seen something about it on the news? 

All this rain has made me ponder what the poor people of Noah's Ark must have felt like.  Suicidal I would think.

I need sunshine otherwise I start to get really grumpy.

Greta at Big Bottom Blogger had some very interesting info. about increasing caloric intake in a recent post. Ironically, my best weight loss weeks lately have come when I couldn't exercise as much but didn't change my eating (thus increasing my caloric intake by not exercising). Gives me some food for thought.

Though I run regularly, I haven't road raced since October of 2008. I'm starting to think about doing a couple of races again. That's a sign that I'm not feeling so heavy anymore.

This morning for the first time in a long time I had the thought that I might actually make my weight goal by the end of 2010.  Scary thought.  And now I've said it out loud.  Oh dear, what if I fail?

I'm quite afraid of failure.  It's the perfectionist in me. It's also why I tend to approach things cautiously.

I'm leaving my 50th Birthday decorations hanging in my house for this whole month.  After all, turning 50 is a once in a lifetime thing.  Then I'm taking them down, along with all the winter window treatments, and letting the sun shine in!

9 comments:

  1. Oh you will make it - you can feel the difference in your faith in yourself.
    You won't fail!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have faith Helen!
    I understand the perfectionist leanings but it isn't failure if you give it your best. :)

    Enjoy the sunshine - we've got some here, too, & I couldn't be more thrilled. I need it!

    Best wishes,
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Helen, you know and I know that you will work your tail off to meet that goal. Whether you actually make it all the way, or most of the way, it doesn't really matter. You'll be closer to what you want and farther from what you don't. Shoot for the moon...so you hit the top of the pile.

    Easier said than done, I know. I'm cheering for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking that you might actually finish this is both thrilling and scary...but you can do it. And may I just say how happy I am for you that you've enjoyed turning 50 so much more than you thought you would?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's what we are here for, and I have no doubt you'll reach your 2010 goals! And leave the decorations up as long as possible - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sure you will do great on hitting your goals for the year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had to chuckle at Chris's comment yesterday too. I need to head over and read Greta's post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfectionism is a plague. I understand completely. I have often hurt my own efforts by my 'do it 100% or don't do it at all' thinking.

    Hope you are having a good week Helen!

    I'm still on track and keeping track :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Funny thing, lately I've been thinking about when I reach goal. Losing weight has been my focus for a very long time. When I reach goal, then what? What will I talk about? What will I think about? Will maintaining be my new "I'm trying to lose weight"? It's just weird to think about.

    ReplyDelete