Thursday, April 1, 2010

Driving By

Sorry peeps but this is just a drive by.  Mr. Helen and I are part of the epic flooding taking part in the Northeast US.  We went to bed at 9:30 on Tuesday all dry,  and when got up at 4:30 Wednesday to workout, I  found our finished basement family room flooding.  I'm talking wall to wall carpet here people. 

We spent 14 hours wet vaccing yesterday and are at it again today because, of course, all the professional companies are completely booked until next week.

There are entire sections of towns closed down and you may have heard that a whole section of I-95 - a major highway - is closed. 

Definitely lots of people worse off than we are... I'm eternally grateful that we have our health etc., etc. but still... Don't know if we're going to be able to salvage anything or not.  Trying to keep positive thoughts that it's only stuff and stuff can be replaced.  It has been up and down because, you know, it's OUR stuff.

15 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry this is happening to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear you are flooding! I hope the storms move out and so does the water!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH that's horrible - and you are right it's YOUR stuff...
    Happened at my parents house when we were growing up, only it was a sewer backup - really smelly. Ruined a TON of stuff in the basement....
    I feel for ya and hope all is well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, there are others going through worse, but that doesn't mean you aren't going to feel stress and loss about all that's going on right now. I hope that you are able to come away well from all of this and no further damage comes to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry to hear that your basement flooded. I hope you can salvage some of your things.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh how awful. I'm really sorry you are having to deal with this - what a mess, and what a sick feeling it must be to see your stuff getting all damaged. Hope it's not as bad as it might seem right now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry you guys took a hit from the storm. Even though others have bigger problems, your own stuff is still your stuff, and difficult to contend with. I hope there is less damage than it originally appears.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How terrible! You must just be exhausted, not to mention heart-sick. Fingers crossed that you'll be able to salvage some of your "stuff". Will be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohmigosh. So sorry to hear about this. Hope everything works out and I will keep you in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My heart breaks for you and everyone suffering from the flooding. We've had some serious floods in this part of Texas so I understand what you are living with. Prayers for SUNSHINE!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Helen, I am sorry to hear this. I hope the flooding stops soon and you are able to get the mess cleaned up quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yikes, that's a major bummer. Maybe you'll be pleasantly surprised and the damage won't be as bad as you think.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so sorry! I hope that your carpet man is there now and that you are having an unexpectedly good day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so sorry Helen!! Our basement floods every spring - but its a concrete floor and nothing is on the ground.

    But I do like your positive spin - its just stuff, you are both healthy - that's the main thing!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh dear, Helen, thinking of you in this challenge. Stay safe, and keep turning towards the light!

    ReplyDelete