Friday, May 21, 2010

Friday Fun

Hello blogland!  I have had something cooking in this crazy brain of mine for the last day and started a post about it.  But the more I wrote, the deeper I thought.  It's way too heavy for a Friday post, so I'm going to keep working on it and save it for next week.  As you all know, I tend to unplug on the weeknds so I thought this was appropriate for today - enjoy!

YOU KNOW YOU ARE LIVING IN 2010 WHEN:

1. You accidentally enter your password on the microwave.

2. You haven't played solitaire with real cards in years.

3. You have a list of 15 phone numbers to reach your family of 3.

4. You e-mail the person who works at the desk next to you.

5. Your reason for not staying in touch with friends and family is that they don't have e-mail addresses.

6. You pull up in your own driveway and use your cell phone to see if anyone is home to help you carry in the groceries.

7. Every commercial on television has a web site at the bottom of the screen.

8. Leaving the house without your cell phone, which you didn't have the first 20 or 30 (or 60) years of your life, is now a cause for panic and you turn around to go and get it.

10. You get up in the morning and go on line before getting your coffee.

11. You start tilting your head sideways to smile. :-)

12. You're reading this and nodding and laughing.

13. You are too busy to notice there was no #9 on this list.

14. You actually scrolled back up to check that there wasn't a #9 on this list.


Have a great weekend friends!

14 comments:

  1. LO-freakin-L!!! Especially #9...oh wait. ;)

    And back when my kids were living at home, #6 was a regular occurrence!

    Thanks for the great laughs this morning - have a wonderful weekend, Helen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! That's too funny (and sadly too true!)! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LMAO!!!! It's so funny because it's all so TRUE!
    Helen, thanks for the hearty laugh this morning! (My first one of the day!)

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ROFLMAO - (had to use an unused acronym) ;)
    I was nodding my head!
    Have a fantastic weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great fun! And so true!

    Have a fabulous weekend, Helen. Look forward to the heavy post as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Funny post! It reminded me when Hannah was little. We were at my girlfriends house, Hannah was about 7 and wanted to call my mom. Only problem? My friend had a rotary phone and she couldn't figure out how to use it!

    Have a great weekend Helen!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL! I need a good laugh this morning, thanks!
    we have been guilty of using the cell phone when downstairs to call the kids upstairs to ask a question! S h-h-h don't tell my mom she would think we have lost our minds.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So funny, Helen!! And isn't it ironic that all of these technological advances are supposed to make life easier and save us time, but yet we seem to have so much less time and are more frazzled than ever?? I can never figure that out?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great list! I need to forward on to the multitudes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hilarious. Did you think of all these? I've got an ADDHD brain today, cause I read 1-12 and then read Roxie's comment. THEN I scrolled up to see #9 and finally ended up reading the last of the list.

    doh

    ReplyDelete
  11. Password in the microwave, LOLOLOLOL! Oh, that one is only a matter of time for me. The rest I am guilty of!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hysterical and all so very true! Especially leaving the house without my cell phone. I freak when I do that.

    Yet I didn't have any kind of phone for the first 14 years of my life (homestead in Alaska, no phone line even remotely close to our house). I didn't have a cell for the first 45 years of my life.

    Yet let me get on the freeway and realize I don't have my phone, I'll actually turn around and go home and get it. So silly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm still looking for #9!
    Hope you had a good weekend. Looking forward to your in depth blog this week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. checking on you before I hit the road this morning (ok the stationary bike :))

    here's to a great healthy fun perhaps GOOD NEWS FILLED week for us both.

    for us all :)

    MizFit

    ReplyDelete