Monday, May 10, 2010

I Didn't Even Place

...in the Eating Olympics that is!  No gold medals for me, unless I could have gotten one for not overeating!!

Somehow, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.  Once I took the pressure off myself  and decided not to track and measure every bite of food (that I knew would be hard to find in any database), I did just fine!  The only way I can describe it is that I just ate a little.  In fact, I ate very little at the housewarming (just a hot dog) so when we had Mr. Helen's birthday dinner, I was able to put a spoon of this and that on my plate, and enjoy it with the knowledge that I wasn't overeating or stuffing myself.  For my Mother's Day event, my daughter had made us reservations at my favorite Tapas restaurant.  Which was perfect.  Eating with a daughter is very different from eating with a husband.  Mr. Helen likes to share, but he also likes to make sure there is LOTS of food.  With Mini Helen, we shared two tapas and then decided to order the special salad and burger on the menu, but we shared that too!  It was wonderful - plenty of delicious, lovely food without eating until we had to undo buttons.

I feel so good about how I ate and what I did over the course of the Eat-O-Rama that I can honestly say whatever happens with the scale this week is OK!  Leslie, you were right, I came out on the other side none the worse for wear.  This whole experience was a great reminder to me that my life is my life and my life is NOT food, or even dieting.  Life needs to be enjoyed.

The best part of all, of course, was having Mini Helen home.

14 comments:

  1. How beautiful the two of you are! Simply gorgeous. And congratulations on your DNF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so awesome - love that you were able to enjoy the food and still feel good! Congratulations on your non-medal - can I give you a gold star instead?

    Great pic of you and your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great! I knew you'd be fine. And how wonderful to spend Mother's Day with the one who made you a mom. You are a beautiful pair. So glad you didn't self destruct, but I'm not a bit surprised. And Monday always feels like such a good day to rededicate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so awesome Helen! Way to go! Your daughter is beautiful - but so are you!

    Happy Momma Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you survived. It does feel great to eat in moderation and know that you aren't killing your calories for the day but still get to enjoy yourself. It is the best of both worlds.

    I am not sad to say that I am sorry you did not place in the Eat-o-rama. Way to go by being a loser (pun intended).

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so great to be able to go out and have a good time without the overshadowing self-guilt of having eaten too much.

    It sounds like you had a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well...I would hate to think that I took home all of the gold medals that you decided to leave behind :) Anyways...great job! You and your daughter are precious! I love seeing pictures of the people I read about :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job! I needed to hear this because I've had trouble for a couple of days. Your daughter is beautiful, like her mama!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on *not* placing in the Eat O Rama. But even bigger congrats to not letting "dieting" or food define your weekend! You and your daughter are both so pretty. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Helen that is so awesome. You are right there is so much more to life than food and dieting!

    What a beautiful photo of two lovely ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So awesome! Glad you were able to go out guilt free :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. ooh no medal but shall we fashion you a TROPHY?

    out of ...broccoli?!
    xo xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOOHOOO, how great! And you two are GORGEOUS together!

    ReplyDelete