Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Photolicious: Challenges and Awards

First off, let me get right tothis week's weigh-in.  This is the end of week 2 of the Fight to the Finish Challenge.





That's another .6 down.  At least it's down! I wish I was doing better, but I totally realized when I signed up that it would be hard for me because the first 3 weeks of this challenge were filled with eating events.  I'm really trying hard though (as in eating only half of my fab anniversary dinner).  As I thought about all this I realized, if nothing else, Fight to the Finish is keeping me in check and I haven't gone completely hog wild so right there I have a victory don't I?  There's Fight left in me yet!!


That weigh in photo also serves as my weigh in for My Long Hot Active Summer Challenge sponsored by the lovely Exquisite Christine!






Remember how I mentioned I really wanted to get in better form by July 17th for Mr. Helen's All Class Reunion?  Well, this will help.  Also, my history indicates that I do really well with exercise and eating in the summer.  Maybe because I love summer so much - I just feel very hopeful and light and happy.  All of those things make it easier to stay on track.  One of the things that we are asked to do is to post beginning pictures so that when I post my ending photos I have something to compare to, so here goes.



Sigh. My first thought after seeing these was when did I turn into a rectangle?  I used to have the cutest figure.  My second thought was that for someone who was pretty much anonymous for the first 8 months of their blog, I sure am letting it all hang out!


Finally, the Fabulous Fitcetera bestowed The Incredibly Prestigious OH MY BLOG! Award on me.  Can you BELIEVE IT?  ME?!!  Especially since I'm certainly not as savvy as Karen is (she did a VLOG!).


Here's the legal stuff:
1. Get really excited that you got the coolest award EVER!
2. Choose ONE of the following options of accepting the OMB award:
     (a) Get really drunk and blog for 15 minutes straight, or for as long as you can focus.
     (b) Write about your most embarrassing moment.
     (c) Write a “Soundtrack of your childhood” post.
     (d) Make your next blog a ‘vlog’/video blog.  Basically, you’re talking to the camera about whatever.

     (e) Take a picture of yourself first thing in the morning, before you do anything else (hair, makeup, etc) and post it.
3. Pass the award on to at least three, but preferably more, awesome bloggers as yourself.  Don’t forget to tell them.

Karen, I am pleased to accept this award with the following, taken this morning, after 5 mile run, before shower.  That smile is genuine because that's exactly how I feel after a great hard run.  However, this photo is also proof that I need my makeup!


And now I would like to pass this on to these unique bloggers who I find myself checking out everyday to see what they're up to!


Mimi at 1972: The Retro WW Experiment.  Mimi is trying to take off her last few pounds using the 1972 Weight Watchers program.  Her blog is fascinating, disgusting, and hilarious all at once!


Journey Beyond Survival.  This woman writes beautifully and is living through a very, very, VERY hard disease with her baby.  Somehow, even in her darkest posts, I can't help but root for her.  I also have an ulterior motive in that I'm hoping she'll finally show her beautiful face to the blogging world!


Rita at The Giggly Bits has lost a whole bunch of weight and is in the process of transforming her whole life.  She has not only gone back to school, but has changed herself from an overweight couch potato into an athlete!  I'm linking you to her birthday post from yesterday, just because you need to see the photos.


Like I said before, for someone who was anonymous for a looong time, I can't believe that between challenges and awards I have now pretty much completely exposed myself!!  I hope it hasn't changed your opinion of me (unless it's for the better, hee hee hee!).


How are you challenging yourself these days?

26 comments:

  1. down is the way to go! good job!

    I am challenging myself by increasing the weights when I do lift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here from the long hot summer challenge! I'm excited to get to know you and watch you meet your goals this summer! Good luck :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! OMG! OMG! I am so honored! Thanks so much for the award!!! Can't wait to work on my next post. Will have to ponder what option to do. Thanks Helen! You are one of my favorite bloggers, and so glad you are putting yourself out there. You inspire me always!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the loss! Loss is always good!
    Wow! 2 challenges! You go girl! I'll be rooting for you.
    You're funny! A rectangle? Hardly! We always look at ourselves with a very critical eye!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, any loss is considered a victory in my book!

    I love how genuine your smile is - and you are beautiful as is - no makeup required! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the loss that is awesome. I think any time the scale goes down it is a good thing!

    Congrats too on the award, that is so cool.

    You are very brave to post your before pictures. I am working up to doing that but have not been brave enough yet. You are an inspirationfor other bloggers!

    A rectangle? I don't think so, I did notice that your tummy is flat - good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look how cute and smiley you are after your run! This is going to be a great challenge and although it was not fun posting the pics we are going to have some awesome after pics! Best of luck Miss Helen!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, outside of the engagement ring I got, that is the best birthday present a healthy living blogger could get! I'm so excited, now that list of legal requirements, wow, that's a toughie.

    Thank you, thank you! And that was some mighty flattering print there following my name, you're a gem.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I joined the challenge as well and can't wait to follow along with your progress. You are looking great already!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOL when you wondered about becoming a rectangle! I have posted about suddenly in my mid 50s having a kind of boxy body where my pear shape has been blighted by this sort of matronly thick middle and midrift. You look great - and are a brave woman for posting those pics. I posted pics some months back and can honestly say I look exactly the same. Maybe because I weigh basically the same? (or, Heaven forbid - MORE?) Good luck with the challenges.

    BTW, your daughter sounds wonderful - I totally agree about motherhood being the best job ever. What an amazing gift. Thanks for your comments!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Any loss is a great loss!

    I'm just popping in from LHAS to say hello and wish you good luck!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. YAY!!!! Fantastic pic, Helen! I'm happy you love the award! You actually look very good for being sweaty and no makeup. I would NEVER guess your age to be what it is. You look like you're in your 30's.

    There is a 12 weight loss challenge beginning at work on Monday which I, along with 2 friends, will be joining.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Now that's what a healthy glow looks like - Helen, you look fantastic in your "after run" picture!!!

    Congrats on baring yourself to blogland! You've come a long way, baby! Good luck with the challenge - you look really good in your before picture, although I loved (and so get) the rectangle reference!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the fact that you are not anonymous! By the way, I think more highly of you!! It's tough posting pictures that the world can "judge". Good for you ma'am!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Joining you for the LHA Summer Challenge!! I bet it feels freeing to open up a little more about who you actually are...celebrate the success of how much you have accomplished! And just like others have said, you look great in your "after run" picture! Good luck with the goals for the challenge and I'll look forward to checking in with you on your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Visiting from LHAS to say hello!!!
    Good Luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looking forward to seeing you achieve your goals through the LHA Summer challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi there Helen,
    I think you look quite fantastic in the photos you posted! I am actually wondering if you are being too hard on yourself. YOU LOOK GREAT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations on your award!
    And, thank you for all of your encouraging comments on my blog.
    And, it was funny that you said "let it all hang out", but personally I think you looked great....so there!
    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello Helen!
    Missed you while I was gone & so glad to see you on this challenge!

    Yes, Karen does rock! I don't think she realizes it though. :)

    You're going to rock it this summer & will have so much fun finding something to wear to that reunion!

    Best wishes,
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  21. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love how your blog title is Doing a 180 - and you weighed in at 179 - you have already turned your back on 180 and you aren't looking back!It's behind you now!! Isn't that awesome. Hope to join you there soon!
    I look forward to following your journey!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hey Helen. Great blog. Congrats on the weight loss. I love how you're going from one challenge right into another. I'm really excited about the LHAS challenge. I think we're going to see some great happenings and you're gonna look smoking hot at that reunion.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am very excited to have you participating in LHA! Sounds like you are a challenge diva. :D

    ReplyDelete
  25. Finally making my rounds through LHA!

    Very excited to get this challenge started with you! And I'm loving your workout clothes... cute!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Congrats on the award!!
    And YEAH we are doing the LHA together - along with a TON of other fantastic peeps. It's going to be fun!
    And .6 - that's good - great actually. We are going to Kick Butt this summer

    ReplyDelete