Saturday, August 21, 2010

And We're Off!

Much to Mr. Helen's chagrin, I spent last evening cleaning the house.  I like to come home to  a clean house.  It makes me feel like the vacation is extended.


To use up some things left in the fridge,  I made a macaroni salad and a chopped veggie salad to take with us. I packed a bag full of spices, extra virgin olive oil, vinegar, salt, pepper, eggs, bacon, bread, steaks and chicken. In order to be economical we plan on cooking a couple of times.  I packed the very biggest suitcase we own - and it's a big one - full of everything I might possibly want to wear.  


Mr. Helen has spent the last hour cramming it all into Goldilocks, our Honda Civic.  He declared, "It's official!  We're actually moving, not going on vacation!"


I have OPI's Shorts Story on my nails and toes.



I have age appropriate shorts on my body.  I'm ready.

Here's a little slide show of where we're going.  Double click on one of the photos and the slide show will come up. I hope to see most everything except the one where there's snow!  If you miss me, just imagine me with a huge smile in the middle of one of these photos.  Maybe I'll even come back with a few of my own.

2010 Vacation

14 comments:

  1. You really need a nurse to come along in case you get hurt...I'm available at a moment's notice. What a beautiful setting - can't wait to see pics and hear all about it. Have a wonderful and restful vacay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your turquoise flip flops AND the pink polish! You are good to go, my friend! Also, I cracked up at "age-appropriate shorts" - you are too funny! Hope you have a wonderful vacation - the pictures look very appealing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like where you and Mr. Helen are going is going to be so much fun and definately beautiful. Have a great vacay and we'll hear from you when you get back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a wonderful time on your vacation. I look forward to hearing all about it upon your return. Your destination looks wonderful!

    Love the polish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like so much fun! Love the pink polish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Helen, enjoy, enjoy, ENJOY!! And come back safely.

    Love those HOLIDAY toes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks beautiful...Enjoy yourselves!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks like a lovely place you are going.

    Have a great vacation with lots of fun.

    Love the color of your nails.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the Cape. Have a blast, rockin' toe nails!

    ReplyDelete
  10. lol helen, I do the same thing...I start off with good intentions..by the end I have shoes shoved in crevices and dresses packed in suitcases belonging to other people.
    Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you had an awesome vacation!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope that you have a blast!! By the way..I am LOVING that you were wearing age appropriate shorts :) That made me smile!!! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Welcome back! I hope you had a great vacation. When you get a chance, hop over to today's post 8/29 to get yourself a little award.

    ReplyDelete