Saturday, August 14, 2010

Don't Waste Your Weekend!

Happy Saturday Bleeps!

I finally woke up yesterday headache free.  I have no idea what brought that sucker on but I sure am glad it is gone.

Should  have gone for a run first thing but woke up too late and had taken the day off for a couple of doctor's appointments.  Let me share with you how not to spend the rest of your day off:  scrubbing every single floor in your house on your hands and knees.  Plus assorted other house cleaning which meant 5 hours of manual labor. Followed by grocery shopping.  It was a full day. Afterwards, I wasn't feeling so bad about missing the run.  I don't know about the rest of you but I often clean the house and Mr. Helen doesn't even notice.  Yesterday he came in from work and was standing in the kitchen.  As he glanced towards our dining room, he said , "What the heck did you do to the floors?"  So I guess it was worth it since they really have a great shine going on now.

That left me with the whole weekend free - woot!

So, I slept in this morning until 6 am and then proceeded to sit around and drink coffee until 7.  Got up, got dress, and hit the road with my new running shoes that had come in the mail two days ago.  New running shoes always make me feel like I can conquer the world!  Aren't they pretty?

Okay, so I didn't conquer the world, but I did manage to run 7 miles - very happy with that, indeed.  Now, I'm off to the beach.  Gotta get those beach days in while I can as it seems like Fall is fast approaching.  Remember that tree behind my house that's already changing?  I finally got a photo to show you:

After the beach we are having a cookout for my mother-in-law's birthday.  Pearlestine the Disco Queen (as Mr. Helen calls her) will be 78 years old tomorrow.  Unfortunately her Alzheimer's is so advanced, she won't even know what we're doing or why.  But it helps the rest of the family to keep on keeping on.

So that's my business... hope you all are having great weekends!

9 comments:

  1. Love the shoes. I just got new workout shoes too in the mail - fourth pair identical pair in three years from Zappos (obbiously I love them).

    Happy Saturday to you too Helen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the shoes - I also wear Asics. Glad you got a good run in. Enjoy the cookout.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty shoes...did they make you run faster? :)

    Our A/C is back on so just let me know when you want to come and scrub my floors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your new shoes are so purty!!! Is that your clean floor you are standing on? Nice that Mr. Helen noticed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously, with all that work yesterday, I bet you were really done by lunch. And, so glad to see you slept IN til 6 today.
    Love the beach, love the shoes, sadness over MIL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool shoes...hope you had a great time at the beach and the BBQ!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi - do you know the song by Paolo Nutini - New Shoes? If not, check it out. A great up beat song at any time and wonderful for working out. Love the new shoes, by the way. Come visit me - http://haveyougainedweight.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovelovelove the shoes.
    I swear I have shoes for EVERY OCCASION...as long as the occasion is active :)


    Miz.

    ReplyDelete