Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Stay Calm People, There's Nothing To See Here

I can't just run around all willy nilly eating potato chips and pepperoni.  It doesn't work for me, even if I do eat it only when I'm hungry.  Here is where we play catch up!



HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!  Just kidding.... even though I should probably do some extra running.  Here's the real one:


Got you again!  I suppose you can see where I'm going with this:



Which is, my friends, a 2.2 pound gain.  Even though there is one more week until the end of the My Long Hot Active Summer Challenge, this will be my last weigh in for that group, due to the fact that I'll be on vacation next week!  With no internet!  With no ability to post photos!  Can you tell I'm excited?

When I started that challenge my opening weigh in was 179.4.  So a pitiful .6 pounds was lost overall.  How sad is that? Well, it is what it is, nothing to be done about it and I'm moving on.  The good thing is that my other goal for MLHAS was to run my race and I did that!  In this case, I'm going to choose to look at this glass as half full.

Truth be told, I am ready for a break from the scale.  Over this last year of blogging, this is the most times and most regularly, I've weighed myself.  My blogging anniversary is September 2, so I'm considering weighing again on that day and then maybe going for weigh-ins on the 2nd of each month.  But that's all part of the thinking I'll be doing over vacay as I decide where to take this blog.

Because I'm not taking it on vacation and I'm most certainly NOT taking a scale!

22 comments:

  1. I say yes, take a break, catch your breath, refocus and get back after it. I say all that with the exception to not eat those dang chips!! haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took a break, and I am paying for it but I certainly needed it. I think we all do. I've got some pennance to do now though!
    Have a great day Helen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My challenges have not produced a weight loss either however, I consider it a success that I have not GAINED.

    Certainly leave the scale at home during vacation. You know it will be there waiting for you when you return!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just keep on your routine and cook/choose healthiest options and you'll be fine! You're awesome. I hope that the vacation is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Helen,
    I loved this post!! I loved the scale picks, but most importantly, I loved that you are moving forward and counting all things good along the way!!! Go mama!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The first picture didn't look like your feet :)
    Have a great vacation, it's all about the journey.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Take a break and enjoy your vacation. Make good food choices and keep your body moving. Leave the scale behind.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the scale pics. Love the attitude. Love that you're taking a vaca and escaping the scale leash. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do we know where you're going on vacay? Or are you keeping your location on the down low so enthusiastic bloggers won't hunt you down?

    I hope you enjoy every second away from the scale, the blog, and the same old same old! I'll miss you while you're gone!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Helen, I hope you enjoy every second of your vacation! I am assuming there are no campsites in your future :-)

    I shall miss you and look forward to your return. Have a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hoping you have a fun, relaxing vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wishing you a wonderful vacation. I think it is good to take a break from the blog world now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wait a minute. Did that scale say 1788 lbs?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I didn't know that Shelley's running partner had a blog too but you do and I found you :)

    I saw your new running shoes a few posts ago and they are almost the same color as mine. Don't you just love them?

    ReplyDelete
  15. YAY for vaycays---from scale and otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Enjoy, unplug and meditate! Sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. hehe, enjoy your vacation! I can't wait to see where you decide to 'take' your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ha - had to laugh at my brother's comment! :D Have a great time on vacation Helen!! After I weigh in on September 2, I plan not to weigh in until my next quarterly doctors appointment which isn't until November 3! :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. No portable scale? Ah come on...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Darn scale!! Yes, definitely leave the scale at home.

    Enjoy your vacation.

    ReplyDelete