Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Steady as She Goes

I didn't get up and run this morning like I had planned.  I have had the most wicked headache ever since Monday.  It has been surging in and out like the tides and pretty much driving me nuts.  When the alarm went off, I opened my eyes and immediately shut them again because my head was pounding.  The last thing I wanted to do was add pounding feet to my pounding head! I thought I'd just lay there and see if it went away but it didn't so I finally got up at 5 and poured some coffee and took some aspirin - which is the equivalent of taking Excedrin.  Did you know Excedrin has caffeine?   It seems to be subsiding now.



Today's weigh in for My Long Hot ActiveSummer Challenge shows me holding steady.  I have to admit I was a bit surprised by this as I've often seen a slight gain from the extra carbs I consume prior to racing continue to show on the scale afterward.  I am really very pleased and hoping that I don't see a delayed gain later!

Not much else to report today.  I do want to say thank you to everyone for all your kind comments on the Tuesday Ten.  I really didn't say that about blogging to get compliments but you gave me so many that now I know what to do if I'm feeling down!  Just kidding...

16 comments:

  1. so sorry i've been MIA. i'm happy to see you've been doing awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you Helen. I'm so glad that the scale is being kind to you. Well, as kind as it gets.

    I hope your headach is already gone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Feel better. And glad the scale gods are smiling on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maintain is success. Sorry for the headache.:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry about the headache. I get them EVERY month with my damn period! I hope you are feeling better and the scale looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry about the headaches. I wonder if you have a sinus infection?

    So glad you did not have a gain!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I actually woke up but could not exercise - I was so sore!! I did do 9.5 miles on the bike machine at lunch, so I got my sweat on. I just wish this fucking heat would go away! I couldn't even grill outside last night.

    I don't mean to rub it in, but I think I've had two headaches my whole life - but I worked with an attorney who had headaches so bad, so had to work with the shades pulled, no lights and the door shut.

    Hugs!
    Biz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you are feeling better soon! Keep up the great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad the headache is subsiding. Hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the way you circumvented Excedrin! Very clever...and I hope your headache is gone. Allergies? That's the cause of most of my headaches. Weirdly, Sudafed (the old-fashioned meth kind) takes care of most of my headaches.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good job on the maintain. I hope that headache goes away soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Argh, hope the headache subsides soon, Helen! Lots of hugs and good thoughts sent your way!
    Pippa

    ReplyDelete
  13. hope the headache takes a hike and the scale continues to be kind.

    ReplyDelete
  14. come over to my neck of the net :)

    youre a winner...

    ReplyDelete
  15. UGH...don't you just hate headaches. For whatever reason, those really just make me wanna sleep :/ I can't even believe you got out of bed...

    ReplyDelete