2. Remember how I mentioned that my own idea of how I looked and how I really look is skewed? Well, according to this article, I am not alone people.
3. "When I make myself sit down at the table with nothing but my food, suddenly a whole bag of chips doesn't seem as compelling." That came from this woman who started at 250 and currently weighs 129 and has maintained that for three years. Certainly puts a whole new spin on eating mindfully and without distractions.
4. Probably most anyone who has ever tried to lose weight has done some form of a crazy diet. This is the one my sister just did. She told me about it in case I wanted to try it but recommended that I try to have 3 days in a row where I didn't need to exercise. That tells me a whole lot about the diet before I even took a look at it. I should mention that she lost 4 lbs. in 3 days. Oh, and I should mention that she's 5'8" tall and weighs 141. Makes me wonder if we are ever, EVER satisfied.
5. Roxie's post last week made me want to take up Salsa dancing. For the entertainment value. I'm just saying.
6. I believe in equal opportunity for men and women. I was so glad to see that men finally got to have an opportunity that women have been experiencing for years, in regards to their clothing. It's about time!
7. Speaking of clothing, I recently discovered New Dress A Day: 365 Days, 365 New Outfits, 365 Dollars. I have absolutely no sewing ability but I love to see what other people do. I really admire this woman's work!
8. By accident, I think I've found the holy grail of BBQ: http://amazingribs.com/. As you all know, I have a particular fondness for pork and cannot wait to try his rib recipe. But there's all sorts of other things there too including sauce recipes from every BBQ region in our country.
9. The temperatures in my area have changed pretty drastically over the last 10 days or so. In fact, I pulled out some of my capri length running rights as 57 degrees at O'Dark-Thirty feels pretty chilly. As long as I've been running I still always have a few runs when I'm under or over dressed when the temperatures change. That is unless I remember to use the What to Wear tool from Runner's World. It's dead-on correct every time.
10. Lastly, I leave you with a couple of photos of my niece Gracie taken by my sister and me. My sister and I have often made jokes about how we each gave birth to the other's daughter. My daughter is very much like my sister and my sister says Gracie is very much like me. Gracie will be be 4 years old at the end of this month. Gracie is a girly girl. She loves, dresses, accessories, jewelry and already can't wait for makeup. She is the only toddler I've ever had compliment me on my nail polish. I love her so much and just seeing pictures of her can make my day better. Maybe it will make your day better too.