2. Speaking of Saturdays, last Saturday Mr. Helen and I went to our favorite local winery because they had a free acoustic group playing on the patio. We took our chairs and some noshes and sat for a couple of hours snacking while having a glass of wine. When we got there I used the "check-in" feature on Facebook for the first time, then immediately considered erasing it because I thought "Oh no, now the robbers and thieves know we're not home!" I think my Facebook page is pretty well locked down, but still, I'm not sure that's a great feature.
3. Speaking of Facebook, my number of Facebook friends and my number of blog followers were running neck in neck for the longest time. Now the blog followers are ahead by a bit. Which might be because I control friending and you control following - lol!
4. Speaking of FB friends ever been unfriended? And couldn't even begin to guess why? That happened to me recently. Funny thing is, the person who unfriended me begged me to friend them. I had sort of ignored the friend request, then she actually got drunk enough at an event to call me out publicly. So I gave in and figured if she irritated me I'd just hide her. Well, she posted a lot for sure but mostly I just ignored her. Then lately, she'd been trying to really interact with me via actually posting on MY wall. OK, as long as you're not offending me. We were sort of in the midst of a back and forth dialogue - nothing special and it was all very friendly, and Poof! She unfriended me! I'm not upset but I am totally mystified. And what I ought to do is block her ass.
5. Speaking of followers, some of you people cracked me up with your comments on my marriage ranting post. Funny. I got some good ideas too. Just saying.
6. Speaking of the marriage rant, I'm not annoyed any longer, now I think I'm indignant! With myself! I realized it was totally my fault - I should have opened my mouth. I have decided that I am not going to allow myself to get overwhelmed like that anymore.There is absolutely no reason why he can't help in the house even if I have to give him a list. After all, why should he get to go to the dojo on Saturday mornings and work out for 3 hours while I stay home and slave? Yes, I do get a couple of hours running on Saturday mornings but he's conveniently checking Fantasy Football and drinking coffee while I'm out running.
7. Speaking of running, I did some of the best running I've done in a very long time over the weekend. I have to say thanks to Shelley since she's the one pushing me to get out there to
8. Speaking of long runs, I wish Shelley and I lived in proximity so we could actually do them together, instead of virtually. Because it was long runs with my friend Pete where I learned all the stuff I'm now passing on to Shelley. I used to ask him question after question while we ran and then email him during the week. I feel like I'm paying it forward a bit with Shelley and that feels good.
9. Speaking of Pete, I was looking up some race results for another friend's race (she had a personal best half marathon recently) and I discovered that he'd run the same half marathon! He's 84 years old and he ran it in 2:35:19 (11:51/mile pace). In case you didn't know it, that's freaking awesome.
10. Speaking of awesome, I'm actually doing pretty well with my new eating plan and I keep thinking wouldn't it be cool if I could lose 10% of my weight by the time I go back to the doctors, instead of 10 pounds. It's a real long shot but it would be a nice surprise.