Friday, November 5, 2010

Picture This

Let's start todays post off with some photos.  Just because I think they're precious and it's my blog after all.  As you know my niece Grace is our "full of personality girl."  These are from her last dance recital.



She was mad at her mommy because my sister wouldn't let her stand there and do her own dance while another group was on the stage. But come on, you've got to love the fact that she is blinged out for her recital with her hairbow and bracelet!


This one is from Halloween.  It's both the kids.  Look at Gracie's face.  Evidently she was sick and tired of pictures and just wanted to get on with it.  Oh man, can I tell you that in addition to loving this little girl (and her brother) more than I can even express, I totally feel her.  My sister even says she's going to start telling her now that when she wants to run away from home, she should go to Auntie Helen's, cause nobody understands her like I do.  May I present the Hunter and the Princess Cheerleader.


Finally, a local nature trail did a family/spooky version of a nature walk for Halloween.  My sister was asked to be the Good Witch Glenda.  They couldn't have picked anyone better - and here you can see why those kids are so darn cute - they have a gorgeous mother, if I do say so myself!



I haven't had much to say this week.. maybe the Tuesday Ten took it all out of me.  Speaking of which, based on your suggestions and reminders, I am choosing Idris Elba as my fifth (with specific thanks to Janell for reminding me about him).

So no deep Friday thoughts to leave you with for the weekend.  Just hoping to have a good one myself and hoping the same for you.

That is all.

14 comments:

  1. LOVE the ballet photos, Helen.

    and Ive nary a deep thought in my cranium either.

    Im choosing to see that as I need mo' coffee :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics, great family. Hey did you change your profile pic. It's looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Pics, hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pictures, your niece is so cute, she's got a great smile and can cry like a girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Lord, that child is awesome. As my mother used to say about me, "she is going to be a pistol when she grows up!" I consider that a compliment. :)

    Agreed, your new profile picture is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful family, Helen. That niece is a firecracker, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How precious! Have a great weekend :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Utterly adorable. She looks to be a force to contend with and her bro is looking way cool. I think I've vomited out all my long thoughts for awhile now, so I'm going to concentrate on pics over the w/e.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have to say I love the pouty picture! That would have been my sister - she was always the stubborn one and I was the one who always did as I was told! :D

    Have a wonderful weekend Helen!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL...my daughter is also a "full personality girl". My husband just says it's karma. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. She is adorable and so is Idris.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great looking family you have! They all look like they're full of personality!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your niece and nephew are so cute!! My daughter Claire was in recitals like that when she was 4 and 5 and it can go from going great to tears any second!!

    And, so jealous of your sisters costume, that's a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, my....what a personality she's got! She's pretty adorable, and you're pretty smart to post pics of gorgeous kids when you don't know what to blog about....genius :)

    ReplyDelete