2. So glad it's election day. I hope everyone will exercise their constitutional right to vote. I went early and will be thrilled to turn on my television tomorrow morning and have it free of political advertisements. Seems like it has been worse than ever this go round.
3. Spa day was magnificent, physically, mentally, and spiritually. Lots of good things came out of it for me, including a new term I'd never heard. I was in the waiting area at one point and heard a woman apologize for not being able to formulate a sentence. The attendant said, "Oh, that's normal. It's called Spa Head."
4. I don't know about you, but I want to be a blogger who has a success story. I don't want to continue to write about the same five pounds or the fact that I can't get a grip. That's what November is going to be all about for me, firming up the grip.
5. Great minds think alike. Ben of Ben Does Life (he's the guy that had the running off a hundred pounds/weight loss video going around blogland a month or so ago) is training for the Las Vegas Marathon. He weighed in yesterday and decided he wants to weigh 6 pounds less than he does right now before the marathon. He proclaimed November "No Excuses November." So again I ask you, what will YOU have accomplished by December 1, January 1?
6. NOT ready for the freezing weather we've had the last couple of nights. Seriously friends, we've had February weather in October! Sort of hard to get used to when just a couple weeks ago we were having June weather in October. I'd settle for just having October weather at this point.
7. 30 people for Thanksgiving. Thankfully not at my house. But still, that translates into a whole lot of pies I'm going to be making.
8. Remember the "list" from the TV show Friends? It was a list of five celebrities who you'd sleep with. There would be no objections from your spouse or significant other because they could have their five too. Ever thought about it? I have. I'm still looking for my fifth...
- Denzel Washington
- George Clooney
- Giles Marini
- Carlos Ponce
9. On spa day, I was taking the yoga class that was part of my package. At one point the instructor made us turn towards the mirror so we could check alignment. Normally I hate watching myself in the mirror because all I see is flaws and fat. For some reason, I looked at myself balancing in a sort of warrior pose and saw that I was not the fat ugly monster I picture in my head. I almost started crying when I saw just a woman doing yoga. No doubt about it, I need to lose some weight. But, I am not as fat and gross as I've been perceiving myself to be. I am not as unattractive as the picture in my minds eye. In fact, I left that class feeling that even though I will never be one of the world's great beauties, I am beautiful. Now, I just need to lean into that and soak it up.
10. Saturday night we went to watch some of the senseis from our karate dojo participate in Muay Thai fights. Earlier in the month, our kyoshi called and said if we wanted to volunteer to work the fights, we wouldn't have to pay for tickets. We declined because we wanted to actually see the fights. As we were getting ready I remarked to Mr. Helen that I hadn't figured out what I could have contributed - until just that morning. He asked, "What? What could you have done?" With my newfoud confidence I replied, "I could have been a ring girl! The old guys need some eye candy too!" He responded, "Yes, but you know how little boys feel about their candy and maybe I don't want to share mine!" Wonder what he'd think about my list?