2. This is the pin I have on today. How can you see this and not smile?
3. I hope I didn't sound ungrateful for my lovely treadmill in yesterday's post. Becasue I am truly grateful to have it. It has enabled me to keep running and training for races when the weather isn't cooperative. But in my heart of hearts, I really just want to run outdoors. So I'm working through the fact that I won't be able to do that for almost 9 months of the year now.
4. Unless I hit the lottery. Because then I wouldn't work and I could run anytime I wanted. Which would still be at the break of day, whatever time that might be. I mean it though, if I win big money, there's going to be a whole new Helen up in here. Mr. Helen hates it when I say so but seriously people, there's going to be some nipping and tucking, some job quitting, and some serious reconsideration of life in general. In addition to a girlfriend trip to a spa, paid for by me. Now don't you want to be my friend?
5. I have some nonsensical guilty pleasure TV shows that I will sit and vegetate in front of. One of them is the Housewives Of "_____" series. Sunday afternoon around 5 p.m. I finally had a minute to sit and do nothing so I turned the TV on and sure enough, there were the Beverly Hills crazies. Mr. Helen got home around 6:30 from work and came and sat with me. Suddenly he was asking me questions about who was who and why this or that and I was all like "What's gotten into you? Don't you want to check football scores?" He huffed, 'I was trying to show you I could be interested in something you're interested in! But this is ridiculous!" As he went downstairs to check the scores he yells back, "And they way they look is the reason I don't want you getting plastic surgery! It's not sexy!!" So there.
6. In photographing the decorations around my house, I've realized I have a lot of nativities, both as Christmas ornaments and as stand alone decorations. I also discovered other than my miniature stand alone set, I like unique nativities, like this one carved out of olive wood from Jeruslem:
7. Or this ornament nativity which is actually two ornaments that I've had since Little Helen was, well, really little:
9. As is this one piece ornament nativity made of blown glass:
10. But mostly, whether it's Santa or an Angel, or a Snowman or a Nativity, to me, the definition of Christmas is "Joy"