9. When I got up to run this morning and looked out my window down the hill this is what I saw:
8. Of course it was a running day for me so then I saw
8. When I finished my run I decided I'd clean Goldie off so that when it was time to go to work, I wouldn't be doing it in dress clothes.
7. Speaking of running on the treadmill in the garage, a couple of you asked me about my space heater. Here you go:
6. About 10 minutes before leaving work, I go out to start her up and get the heat circulating and imagine my horror when I saw this!
5. It took me 45 minutes to make my usual 20 minute drive to work. The lovely thing about it? Not one darn thing. I drive inland, which means the drive got worse and worse. Have I mentioned how much I hate winter?
4. I have absolutely, positively been stuck on savory oatmeal lately. I'm beginning to wonder if I'll ever eat it sweet again. My version (here's your protein, Kelly) is 1 cup prepared oatmeal with 1 tsp. light olive oil spread. Scramble 1/2 cup egg beaters, then put 1 slice reduced fat cheddar over the top. Put eggs on top of buttered oatmeal. Sprinkle the whole mess with hot sauce. Here's what it looks like:
3. I saw the funniest statement in an ad over the weekend. Just typing this makes me giggle. How many times has your sweet tooth gone out and celebrated without your permission? Errrr, how about the whole month of December? Again, why I run.
2. Speaking of running, I get asked all the time how to start running. I say, "Buy some shoes and start running." People don't believe me but that's how I did it. I even bought cheap shoes that gave me shin splints! But I took those shoes and myself to our high school track and I'd walk a lap and then I'd run as far as I could. Then I'd walk to catch my breath and as soon as it was caught I'd run. One day I ran 2 laps in a row, then 3, then eventually 3 miles. Then I tried a race and once I crossed that finish line, the rest is history or 'my'story.
1. I'm going to link you to another great post. People, I'm just going to tell you, if you're a struggling at weight loss, you need to read Chris. She has been on fire lately! Plus, she backs up her bark with her bite. Here's How To Lose 100 Pounds Cheap and Easy!