9. Though I iced and heated and tried to stretch, the stupid thing was sore. Hurt. Sore. Owwie! I had to take 800 mg of ibuprofen and a muscle relaxer to sleep Thursday night because doncha know, in the midst of icing it before I went to bed, I got a major charley horse right where it was pulled. It was pulling and cramping so bad that when Mr. Helen slapped an ice pack on it and grabbed it he could actually feel it pulsating. Pulsating. Why yes, I did cry. In fact, I'm pretty sure some actual sobbing and screaming was involved.
8. Friday morning I got up and knew I wouldn't make it through the day without wrapping it. So I pulled out the KT Tape and taped it up. Problem is, that's a hard place to tape all by yourself, but I did the best I could. Why yes, I was totally irritated that I hadn't thought to get Mr. Helen's help before he left for work.
7. This further frustrated me because it was gorgeous here on Friday and not only had I planned to get up and run, I had also planned to wear a dress. No running and because of the tape, I had to revert to slacks. I actually had to dig out some spring weight slacks and even those were too warm. Why yes, I do prefer dresses and skirts over slacks or even shorts when the weather is nice.
6. This further further frustrated me because it seems like for all the good Muay Thai does for conditioning, it is very bad for my running. For the second weekend in a row, I couldn't run (dammit!). Last weekend I had the kidlets and this weekend.... finally, just as the weather breaks, I'm injured and I can't run. WAH! Why yes, I am a cranky, crybaby when I can't run.
5. Interestingly enough, this calf pop was on the left side of my body. I think I have proof positive that my left side is quite weak. My left foot has a morton's neuroma that I developed in my first year of road racing. All that thigh/hip/butt pain is on my left side. Additionally, if I'm going to have an achy knee or develop runner's knee, guess which side I get it on? Why yes, I am one big ball o trouble on the left side of my body.
4. Muay Thai is really great for "even-ing out" your body. When you have to work both sides, it forces the weaker side to strengthen. But, of course, when you frigging injure yourself doing Muay Thai, you can't do Muay Thai. Sigh. Why yes, I am annoyed about not being able to kick someone's butt right now.
3. Before the charley horse, while I was icing my leg, I ate my dinner. I texted Shelley and said, "I'm hurtin' so what I want is carbs, sugar or booze (which is all simple carbs, now that I think of it lol!). But I'm having a shrimp cocktail and this homemade Greek Salad. Yay me!" And yes, that salad is as gigantic as it looks. I make no apologies for my giant salads. Why yes, I am the one who asks, "Where's everyone elses salad?" when they bring a bowl to the table in a family style restaurant.