Friday, April 15, 2011

Miscellaney

Spring has finally sprung for sure.  Each evening on my drive home this week I've watched the trees along the highway change color as their buds are popping out.  I suppose it's only to be expected with all the rain we've had.  Today is our second day of sunshine but the weekend forecast isn't looking so good:  overcast, windy, rainy, raw.  Appears the sun will come out just in time for my return to work on Monday.  But perhaps this is the last hurrah and temperatures will begin to normalize and it will feel more like spring than winter around here.  There's always hope, right? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I went to a friend's house for coffee and she gave me a little snack that just made me happy.  I found out she bought them at our local BJ's but I'm sure you could find them in your grocery store.  Since I already knew I liked them, I went to BJ's for the larger box.  These are only 80 calories and are a perfect pick me up with a cup of coffee around 3:30 in the afternoon when I want a little something.  The combination of the crunchy granola with the dark chocolate coated bottom seem to be everything I need to feel satisfied!



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was surprised at the reactions to the two other blogs I wrote this week. Both  INO and this week's Cranky Tuesday Ten are in the running for most comments on any post I've written.  INO seemed to really strike a chord with a lot of you and was linked by several bloggers.  Like I said, isn't it funny how something so simple that you might even have heard before, when stated differently can cause a lightbulb to go on.  The one thing I want to make clear, which I don't think I did, is that INO is not dieting, nor is it permanent refusal to partake of anything.  INO means "not now" but maybe tomorrow.  I think Lori at Finding Radiance had a perfect example of that this week with her coconut macaroons.  What was really ironic is that once she said, "none today" when she allowed one the next day, she wasn't all that thrilled by it.  I've been experiencing the same sort of thing with INO.  I'm using it to make myself wait until whatever the item is will fit into my food budget - to not eat unnecessary food.   Ironically, once I allow it that food is not even what I would choose.  I'm beginning to think that INO might actually help me shift towards more intuitive eating, which is really how I'd like to eat.  I can honestly say I've reached the point where I just want my body to settle whereever it's supposed to go.  I'm done with the drama, you know?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's Finger Friday, this week with the bonus of toes!  The drama going on at my job had me singing the blues this week. Wednesday was my normal manicure time so I quickly texted Michele and asked her if she could fit me in for a mini-pedi.  The mini-pedi is basically an abbreviated version of the full and the price is abbreviated too!  It gave me an hour and a half to just sit and be pampered.  By the time I left, I felt better and ready to tackle the last couple of days in the office.

Koala Berry by OPI


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Our dojo is having Power Weekend which is when those who are testing for black belts (all degrees) are put through their test.  It's 3 two-hour sessions spread out over Friday evening and Saturday.  It's quite rigorous and if the candidates can survive they certainly deserve their belts.  We will go to watch some of it, especially since Mr. Helen is a Sensei and has trained quite a few of these people.  Other than that we don't have any big plans this weekend.  I'm looking forward to the R&R and maybe we can sneak a date night in.  Sort of nice to think that we can do whatever we want - or not!

15 comments:

  1. Love the pink nails Helen. Still haven't painted mine yet LOL

    It's Spring here too and I love every minute of it. We haven't had much rain yet which we normally have in April which make this month perfect for running.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had those graham snacks and they are yummy! They go great with a cup of tea. I also love OPI. Have you tried the new shellac yet? I hate spending the extra $10, but it's not bad! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the polish color - I have several shirts that same shade! Your ring is so pretty, too!

    Interestingly, INO has worked wonders for me with the coconut M&M's - last weekend I didn't even want any. Of course, that could be because of all the free ice cream I ate, but I'd prefer to think of it as being free of the obsession. And I have seen your post linked all over blogland, which says a lot as to how much it resonated with everyone.

    Oh, and having your body settle? Brings to mind that phrase "simmah down now!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm done with the drama, you know?
    This couldn't have been said better.
    Love your nails!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love salty sweet snacks - I'll have to look for those in my neck of the woods.

    Thanks for your continued support this week Helen - it means a lot - it's going to get crazy in the workplace . . . it's just a question of when! Happy Friday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the review of those snacks, I saw them at the store but didn't buy them now I think I shall!

    You had incredible posts this week Helen. The INO has stuck with me and I am so glad you shared it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Every time I see your nails I want to go get mine done. Ahhh, it's hard to beat a nice pedi. :)

    Hope you have a great date night if you decide to go. We're taking one tonight. A glass of wine will be present so cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope work is less stressful for you now.

    Cute nails!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the nails, and ooooh to the granola snacks. Have a great weekend Helen!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay, that is two great pinks on your nails in a row. I am inspired to do the same!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Things are finally green here, actually had to mow the yard last week!!! hope you have a wonderful spring!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those granola thins are a great treat! The peanut butter ones are good, too!

    Love the nails and tootsies :)

    Have a nice weekend, Helen!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You make me want to paint my nails! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Missed reading your blog, Helen. I've debated about hitting the delete button on my reader because it's so overwhelming to check in today and find that I'm behind on over 300 posts (not kidding) but I'm going to have to catch the previous two you were talking about. Sounds like you've had quite a productive writing streak lately! Hope you're doing well. Love the toes and nails. Perfect color for Spring.

    ReplyDelete