Friday, June 24, 2011

No News is Good News - NOT

I just wanted to quickly write to say that I won't be blogging until I can get this compressed nerve straightened out.  My right arm is numb and burning at the same time.  I'm typing this with only my left hand because I have to hold my right arm up over my head so it doesn't burn.  Turns out the nerve in my neck runs all the way through my arm (yours too).

I've been out of work since Monday afternoon - well except for the 4 hours I was there yesterday because I am a big dummy and thought I could hack it.  Um, no.  Seems that sitting at a computer is just about the worst angle for my neck.

I couldn't even just sit and read blogs, never mind trying to comment.  I'm pretty much using my smart phone as my connection to the internets, as I can use that while lying down.

I've had 3 PT appointments now where I received medical massage, heat, and traction.  Yesterday they decided that I need to have traction treatments as much as possible because they do relieve the nerve pain in my arm and hand.  So, they sent me home with a portable traction machine with orders to use it 15 minutes every hour and in between I should only be laying down.

If I happen to cross your mind, please send up some prayers or vibes or whatever you believe in, I sure could use them.  If it will help you to remember, picture me like this:

17 comments:

  1. You got it Helen!! I saw your Facebook post, then saw Mr. Helen last night and he told me just how much you're struggling (AND he showed me HIS injury!).

    Speeding prayers, unpinched nerve vibes and healing mojo your way!

    OH! And I've been on that very same table!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry you are in so much pain, Helen :( I will say prayers for speedy healing for you. ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Helen - I am thinking about you and sending the most nerve decompressing vibes I can your way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry about the pain Helen - hope the therapy starts working - and soon! Don't worry, we'll be here when you get back.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the same nerve compression. My discs are bulging from C-4 - C-7. I get the under the shoulder blade pain and numbness and tingling on both arms, but mostly my left one (the wrist especially) and not to the extent that yours is. Neurontin has helped quiet the nerves so I can at least get through the day, and be able to fall asleep at night. I damaged mine falling down the attic stairs and having my head whip back as I grabbed hold on the way down. It's just passed two years for me. I did physical therapy and didn't feel like it made much of a difference in the end, so I'm hoping yours does. I'll have to have surgery at some point (one doctor told me I needed it last June), but for now, the Neurontin is making life possible. Prayers for healing. Have they done an MRI to see how bad it is?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Helen I am so sorry you are in pain! You are in my prayers for sure. What a drag!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Every positive healing vibe is being sent your way, my friend. Feel better soon (and that's an order, lol!).

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry to hear you're going through this, Helen. My hugs and prayers are sent with the others - heal fast.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am thinking about you. If you want to talk, you can do that lying down, right? let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww....sorry you are down for the count Helen. Take care, get well soon, and we'll await your post when you are up to it!!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm definitely sending out my thoughts and prayers to you Helen. Girl it's time you got some happiness and luck in your life. This is too much with everything that's happening to you and your family lately.

    Get well soon sweety.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh, Helen. That sounds just miserable. Saying a prayer for you this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so sorry, that sounds awful. I hope this gets resolved for you soon! I'll think about you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope your weekend wasn't too painful Helen!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That stinks Helen!!! It's no fun when you are in pain. I hope the PT helps...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Man, you poor thing! Glad you are coming back around, but how brutal this was. I was thinking about you the whole time!

    ReplyDelete