Thursday, August 11, 2011

Brought to you by the Number 5

• 5 years old means going to kindergarten (if you don’t believe me ask Gracie)…
• 5 pounds lost…
• 5 years at my job meant an additional week of vacation…
• 5 years older: after a certain age usually birthdays are celebrated, in 5’s…
• 5 years of dieting…
• 5 days away on vacation…
• 5 years of blogging…
• 5 days of perfectly healthy eating…
• 5 years of maintenance…
• 5 years of sobriety…
• 5 years of martial arts might mean a black belt…
• 5 pounds away from your heaviest weight ever…
• 5 years of thyroid disease...
• 5 years of remission: a milestone for many cancer survivors...
• 5 hours of sleep: not enough or a bounty…

Some 5’s are out of our control, some happen because of the passing of time and some are our choice. Control and change what you can, go with the flow on the other stuff…

11 comments:

  1. Love this post Helen! Yep, sometimes you just have to go with the flow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post. I would never come up with the idea of this.

    I especially love the last sentence, it's so true.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And a big ^5 to you on all your accomplishments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sleep comment is really true - what is a bounty to a new mother is "ack!" to so many of us now.

    You have one listed twice. I know these all aren't applicable to you, but that one has me perplexed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just a mistake Shelley from moving the list around as I composed it - I erased it so you won't be perlexed anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE this. And look!!! Beside your reply to Shelley, I'm the FIFTH person to comment!!! High Five to you Helen!!!! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. High FIVE!

    FIVE toes on each foot that propel me on runs to lose FIVE pounds.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 5 golden rings.... Now that song is going through my head, thankyouverymuch

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's an impressive list of five's. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ahhhh five!
    I love and loathe ye :)
    Kinder here in a week...

    ReplyDelete