9. I used to love to dance and I don’t get to do it much anymore. I loved to dance so much that the last time Little Helen saw her biological father he asked, “Does your mom love to dance like she used to?” The man hasn’t seen me in 30 years and that was what he asked. Maybe I should find a dance class as my fun thing?
7. I had the most discombobulated day ever this past Sunday. I won’t even go into all the details but suffice it to say that it ended with me not cooking the pot roast I prepped. That’s right, I went to take the finished roast out of the oven so I could throw some biscuits in, and it wasn’t in the oven! It was sitting right on top of the stove where I put it when I put the oven on to preheat. Which means my oven ran for 3 hours without anything in it. I don’t even know how I managed to do that, but talk about a senior moment! We had sandwiches for dinner.
3. Ever since we moved into our current house in 2006, I have wanted to line the front of our retaining wall with daffodils. While I love flowers I am truly not the gardening type. But this year I was out shopping and saw a bag of 50 bulbs and bit the bullet. Then I bought 50 tulip bulbs thiking maybe I'd mix it up. Now I have 100 bulbs, the bulb planter thingy, bulb fertilizer and I'm procrastinating and wondering, "What the hell was I thinking?"
2. I lost the first round of football picks with Mr. Helen. I can smell chicken wings and pizza in my future… sigh. Hopefully the place he chooses will have a salad on their menu. And I better start winning otherwise I see a football season of greasy spoons ahead of me.
1. What we are today is a result of our own past actions; Whatever we wish to be in the future depends on our present actions; Decide how you want to act now. ~unknown