Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Midweek Mix... the Running Late Edition

WHY must other things interfere with my blogging?  Why?  These other things are what keeps me from hitting publish and then here I am wondering why my blog is not updating!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I had another great run this morning.  I ran on the treadmill so I could watch my new boyfriend Dolvett Quince on Biggest Loser.  I have to say the contestants were cracking me up talking about their trainers, especially when the black team said working out with Bob so early in the morning was a whole new experience with regular Bob turning into Bizarro Bob. I liked Bizarro Bob and giggled my way through that segment! But I did not hold on to the treadmill because I was afraid Dolvett would yell at me.   I'm really liking the change in format this season.  And if you don't watch, this entire paragraph made no sense to you at all!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am not a big fan of pre-processed/frozen meal.  To me at least, most of them taste like the same thing no matter what the package flavoring is supposed to be so I don't want them even if they are convenient - I'd rather have a sandwich.  However, when I find a great deal, I'm willing to consider keeping a few on hand.  When I was out grocery shopping Sunday I saw that the Lean Cuisine's were on sale for 2/$5.00.  I had a couple for $5 off four so that meant 2 would be free!  As I looked in the case I saw that they had some new things since I last perused them (a looooong time ago) so I took a chance and bought 4 packages of their 'new' spring rolls - two of the Garlic Chicken and two of the Thai:


By the time I got home from grocery shopping and started in on the cooking and prep I needed to do for the upcoming week, I realized it was already 3:00 and I was really hungry as I hadn't had anything to eat since the boiled egg and yogurt I'd eaten while planting daffodil bulbs.  As we eat dinner around 7 I didn't want to eat anything too heavy so I decided to try the Thai version.  I have to say, they were unlike any other Lean Cuisine I've ever tried - they were actually very, very good.  In fact, they were so good that I would even say I prefer them over anything I've eaten from take-out.  They were flavorful and light - not greasy the way take out versions can be.  Each package contains two servings so at $1.25 a serving, I say SCORE!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I promised I'd show you some of the other decorations I put up for Fall so here you go:

These two are some old favorites.  I especially love the cutout fabric wall hanging.  Usuallly I hang it on a windown but this year decided to put it in the living room.




The rest of these are new decorations I found and put up this year for the first time.  Sometimes I wonder if I'll find a way to use the new stuff I can't resist but I always manage lol!





Now if the weather would cool down a little - but only a little!  It has been sort of odd coming home everyday with the unusual heat and humidity we've had (September is normally a clear blue skies no humidity month here), to a home decorated for Fall!

14 comments:

  1. I love how you decorate your home as per the season. It is so comfy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welp, there is my meal plan. Thanks! :) ;)

    I forgot your boyfriend was on TV last night but luckily my DVR remembered. I'll be watching him this afternoon. Hubba hubba!

    Your house must feel so warm and homey. Love the way you always decorate. Although you hit the nail on the head as to why I don't decorate for fall - we don't have fall. Summer goes right into winter here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the decor! Love Autumn....
    Here it only lasts about 20 minutes.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Helen, OMG, I LOVE your harvest decorations! So cute!!!! Wish we could get those spring rolls up here in Canada. Oh well, maybe one day. Have a fantastic Wednesday!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you decorate. Fall is my favorite season!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your fall decorations! It makes the house so cozy! I'm going to try the spring rolls. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the decorations, it's still humid here, hard to see that in this muck, but it's supposed to cool off this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't watch Biggest Loser so that paragraph did confuse me! :)

    Thanks for the review of the Lean Cuisine. I like to have a couple things in the freezer for quick meals so I will give those a try.

    Lovely Fall decorations and you have inspired me to get mine out even though it's 90 degrees here!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hot here too. Love your last little pumpkin thingie. Very cute. I buy the thai version often. I can only eat one. They don't have much protein but they are quite tasty if I do say so myself.

    I'm thinking my bf -- Idris Elba from Luther on the BBCA starting tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am such a lemming, while I was at the store tonight I bought a couple of those spring rolls too. They do look much better than most of their other foods. Haven't eaten them yet, but thanks for the tip! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have been watching Biggest Loser. So now I have to out myself and tell you what politically incorrect thing I was thinking--I was thinking, "which fat guy is her new boyfriend?" Then I remembered they had new trainers on there. Ohhhh yeah...now I get it.

    Plus the bizarro Bob part was funny too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. They don't air Biggest Loser here but I'm a bit familiar with the program.

    I don't buy prepared food often either. Usually it tastes like crap and if you want you can prepare a dinner in 15 minutes but I forget that sometimes and end up buying prepared meals, only to feel sorry I did afterwards :)

    It's hot here too for September, at least it cools down in the evening but during the day it feels like Summer. Weird considering it's October in 2 days.

    ReplyDelete
  13. oooh maybe thats what I NEED!
    Fall decor even though it still be sweltering out :)

    No BL for me. Ever. Not my thing :

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the LC springrolls, too. They really are the perfect filling snack, and they're not greasy. All of the flavors taste pretty good.

    ReplyDelete