Friday, December 9, 2011

Busy Till I'm Dizzy!

The upcoming weekend will be jam packed with events and trying to finish up my Christmas shopping.  Mr. Helen will be giving his speech tonight at the dojo, talking about his black belt journey and what it means to him to be receiving his third degree belt.  There is a potluck following the speeches.

Saturday will the the usual craziness of exercise and house cleaning followed by finishing up the shopping if it's the last thing I do, and best of all, my football pick winning meal!  We are tied for wins now and I can't help but brag that I beat his butt by 4 games this time.

Sunday, I must wrap.  I must just sit down and do it until it's done because it's the only chance I have without Mr. Helen being all up in my grille at home. He took the following Sunday off and the Sunday after that is Christmas - ACK!

I'll leave you with a laugh.  You've seen this Nativity before when I showed you some of my decorations last year.  I always put it where the little nieces/nephews can touch it because it's made of resin... though Gracie did manage to break one of the angel's wings when she was around 2.


Conversation when she was at my house last week, in which Gracie shows that evidently she does not remember this set...

Gracie (in the sweetest cooing voice):  Oh Auntie Helen!  You have a baby Jesus!
H:  Yes.  Who is that with the baby?
G: His mommy and daddy.
H:  And who else?
G:  The good fairy!

Hahahaha!  Close enough. I hope everyone has a great weekend, doing whatever makes your heart happy and light.

9 comments:

  1. I love that last sentence Helen.

    You are going to be so proud of Mr. Helen tonight when he's doing his speech.

    Here in Holland we don't have a lot of Christmas parties going on, which means I can make December as busy as I want to. And as I love being at home this time of year (oh wait I love being at home all the time :) ) I won't be away much this month.

    Have a great weekend and enjoy your winning dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, you got an out loud chuckle from me with Gracie's good fairy comment.

    Helen, in between all the activities maybe after the present wrapping is complete, take a moment just for you, to sit and relax. I highly recommend it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta love Gracie! Enjoy your weekend too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the good fairy! Like Glinda :D

    Make sure you get out and have some 'me' time at a cafe or something. Sip on a hot tea and settle back in a comfy chair.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, it's a crazy time all right! I hope you get everything done and have time to relax and enjoy your beautiful tree and decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The good fairy???? Aha, ha, ha....so cute! Have a good weekend Helen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha, love that Gracie. Have a great and productive weekend! And enjoy your football pick dinner. Go Helen!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Busy busy busy! Good job getting your Christmas shopping done. I still have so much to do!

    Have yourself a great weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. flip side of the weekned.
    STILL DIZZY here too :-)

    ReplyDelete