Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Tuesday Ten: These are a Few of My Favorite Things

10. This tea tin sent to me by a great friend who knows I love all things royal!



9. Mama Helen and Little Helen with our guest dog for Christmas Day, Bugsley.



8. The slippers Gracie picked out for Little Helen & me to wear on Christmas morning - Santas for me and Penguins for Little Helen:




7. My sister-in-law Margaret (long-time peeps know she's the one who introduced me to Mr. Helen) with her three handsome boys. The middle one in the striped shirt is my godson.



6.  My new enameled cast iron dutch oven!



5. The look on Gracie's face as I opened the gift that she insisted that her mother buy me just from her.  She kept saying, "You're going to love it!  It's going to be your favorite gift!"






4. My Twelve Days of Christmas Waterford Crystal champagne flutes.  My boss (who passed away) and his wife started the collection for me 6 years ago.  I have them all now and it has become a Christmas tradition to have a champagne cocktail.  This year it was "Rudolph's Nose."  Also, my Christmas china which you can see in the background.


3. Mr. Helen and his siblings.  Pam and David were very much missed this year but as it goes with grieving it was a bit better than last year.



2. The granddaughters and one great granddaughter (the little one in front) on Mr. Helen's side.



1. The fact that I'm on a roll - and I plan to keep it going right into 2012!



12 comments:

  1. I am related to a cousin of a king from the 13th century.. does that count as royal? :) Hope you have a great last week of 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That tea tin is so you - and purple, too - glad to see that Gracie knows your color preferences so well. :) LOVE the looks on her face as she watches you open "her" gift - and the last shot? She looks so pleased with your reaction!

    Glad you had a wonderful Christmas - and the weight loss? Cherry on the sundae, baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet gift from Gracie :D !

    You totally rock, Helen. Whether it is the new thyroid meds or just your dedication (or both) - you are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowza - you are kicking ass on the scale! I plan to catch up to you in 2012!

    Loved everything about this post Helen! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the family pics! Love the smiles. And keep rollin' on! that's great work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful family you have Helen. It's so nice when everyone can be together like that for the holidays.

    Gracie knows her Auntie well!

    Congrats on the continued weight loss Helen. You are amazing! Thanks for the tips on the iPhone apps you left me - those are ones I will enjoy having. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Almost 15 lbs helen! Great job! And those nail polishes (the sally hanson diamond strength) Those are awesome. I bought one and It stayed on four days without chipping without a top coat. And if you could see how many times I have my hands in water etc...That was a great gift! lol. You'll love them. Your family is lovely. It looks like a great time. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love everything about this post, Gracie's glee most of all. Looks like you all had a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Gracie's gift. She knows what her Auntie loves...nail polish! So thoughtful.

    And I love how you're really on a roll with the weight loss. Wow! You inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love, love, love this posts. Especially Gracie's gift.

    I bet you'll think of me everytime you use your Dutch oven :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. MamaHelen and LittleHelen made my heart smile.

    ReplyDelete
  12. 15 lbs?!? Go Helen! Go!

    ReplyDelete