So I just sort of stumbled in and gave it the college try if you will. Now, I find myself here at the end of week 6. Time sure does fly when you're hungry and sore all the time - ha! Just kidding. Well, mostly kidding.
I had another week where I just sort of automatically did the program - but I didn't feel like I was losing weight. Maybe because I had 2 dinners out - 1 unexpected and 1 planned. For the unexpected one I order a big salad that fit right in with my eating plan. For the planned dinner, which was my annual office outing, we went to one of my very favorite Italian restaurants. I gave myself permission to have whatever I wanted, and I did: a square of foccacia bread dipped in olive oil, a salad and this: Fettuccini si Ettore: Fettuccini with fried eggs, roasted red peppers and crispy pancetta. A napoletana favorite. It wasn't actually fried eggs in it either. The eggs are whisked and then blended with the pasta to create a sort of glaze - almost like a carbonera without the cream. This was my first taste of pasta in over 2 months and it was delicious. I had no regrets at all.
That was on Wednesday and Thursday morning I got right back on plan and carried on. Still, I wasn't sure what to expect when I stepped on the scale. So, I focused the camera, stepped on and closed my eyes, only to open them and see...
- Lost 12.4 pounds in 6 weeks
- Started the program using 5 & 8 pound weights, ended using 10, 12 and 15 pounders.
- Started the program doing walk/jog or jog/run intervals, ended doing jog/run and run/sprint intervals AND saw my steady state run times go down.
- Stuck to the food program for a full three weeks before I took an indulgence meal on Thanksgiving. Went right back to the program for another 2 full weeks before I had another indulgence.
- Went down 1 full size in clothing!
- More importantly, fit into smaller JEANS.
- My waist is making an appearance again!
- Started to see some definition in my arms that wasn’t there before.
- Last Friday, someone walked up to me at work and said, "Are you losing weight?" WOOT!
- Got to work with Rich Kreps, who really does have a great program.
- Shelley. What I haven't said before is that the Zero Excuses people originally contacted Shelley and she told them no thanks and to get in touch with me. Maybe she knew this was just the push I needed? In any case, I can’t say enough about having someone or finding someone who is in maintenance mode - who has been there, done that - and can help get you through the freak out moments. Everyone needs to have their own Shelley – but you can’t have the original, she’s mine!
- The Zero Scale: seriously I do love this product, especially the total weight feature. Even though I haven’t used it yet, I also love that it does have the ability to give me my actual weight… which one day I will see when I think I’ve hit goal!
Ultimately, I can sum up this challenge and life change by echoing our dear Pam: "IT'S ALL GOOD." This challenge is not the end for me, it's just the beginning!
The Zero Scale was given to me for participating in the Zero Excuses Challenge.
All opinions of this product are my own.