Friday, January 20, 2012

Foto Finish Friday

It snowed a bit here last night.  There seemed to be a layer of slickness under the snow as it began to accumulate but I was home safe and warm, worrying a bit about Mr. Helen who was Sensei Mr. Helen and had not gotten home from the dojo.  As I sat on the sofa perusing Facebook and Blogger, I heard a thud.  Got up to look out the window and this is what I saw:

I live on a hill that gets steeper as you come down.  I don't understand why people try to go down the darn hill when it hasn't been sanded or plowed yet!  That's my neighbors retaining wall.  The car is stuck on a berm that's on the edge of the property and blocking our driveway.  Long story short, the guy walked away and the neighbor finally called the police.  They came, got Public Works to drive up the hill with a small plow/sander because the car was blocking the road and because the tow truck needed to get up the hill.  The guy did show up just before the towed him... but they wouldn't let him have the car because the plates were expired.  Adventures in living on a hill!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here's a preview of my party manicure.  It's one of my favorite OPI colors that unfortunately has been discontinued.  Of course I had it in my stock!

Purpleopolis

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Finally the most exciting development for me since November 7th.  Have a great weekend!

Size 10 Jeans!!!!!!!!!

17 comments:

  1. Rocking them jeans! Oh...assuming their was damage to the wall that needed repaid, I'd be very curious if the driver with expired plates had ANY insurance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh brother, that car scene looked more like something that happens with California drivers and our infrequent snow storms. I thought people back east were supposed to know better!

    LOVE your nails, esp. the color. It is absolutely the perfect color!

    And you look MAH-VELOUS, DAHLINK, in your size 10 jeans!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn woman, you look GOOD in those jeans!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Size 10 jeans is awesome! You look GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hubba Hubba Helen! You are rocking those jeans lady!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Size 10?!?! Wow! You look mahvelous, dahling!

    I'm SO happy for you! And you really look great. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the size 10 jeans! That is so awesome! Love the nail color. Have a great time at your party!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Helen you look fabulous! Have fun tonight at the party.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah Helen - size 10 - AWESOME!!!!!!


    By the way - I wanted to check in, did you ever get the Muir Glen tomatoes from my give a way. I sent them your address and was just thinking about it... let me know either way

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are ROCKING those jeans!!!! Go you.

    I do not understand when Connecticut people get flummoxed by a hill. THAT'S THE ONLY TERRAIN YOU HAVE. How can you not know how they work??

    ReplyDelete