9. I have officially gotten so many new recipes online lately that I decided to make myself a homemade cookbook. I put tabs in a 3 ring binder and after printing the recipe out, I'm 3-hole punching it and putting it into it's appropriate category.
8. In the category of perspective, this morning as I got dressed I was again reminded that what at one time is painful can be joyful on the other side. When I last wore the outfit I have on today I was frustrated as my weight was going up. Today I'm happy because it fits again! While I still have not looked at my 'real' number I am certain I weigh less than I did this time last year. Maybe only by 7-8 lbs. but those pounds feel like a different person altogether.
7. Went to get my blood drawn for the all important "deciding if I have to go on Metformin" results. Because it was a fasting draw, I knew darn well I'd better be hydrated before I went as I've had issues in the past so I drank around 32 oz. of water prior to going. Long story short, the phlebotomist couldn't find my vein. I was seeing double after the doubles I went through: two different phlebotomists, two sticks and two digs in each arm, followed by two baby butterfly needles. At one point the tech exclaimed, "Look at that, not even any water!" Both arms were aching, throbbing to the wrists all day Saturday. I have to go back tomorrow morning. Wish me luck.
6. I've already run over 50 miles the first two weeks of this year, putting me back in-line with my old 100 miles a month thing. Let's see if I can keep it going or if some dumb injury derails me like several of them did last year.
5. I have gone back to having Saturdays be an eat whatever I want day. I know some people can't do that but I really don't have an issue doing this then getting right back to my regularly scheduled eating. I tend to make excellent choices for breakfast and lunch and then splurge a bit at dinner. This past Saturday my splurge was a bit of baked brie, 2 slices of homemade pizza, and a Chocolate Pecan Pie Bar. I'm just going to tell you straight up these are phenominal and if you don't feel like doing a whole pie, this is the way to go. Mr. Helen said there were too many of them. Uh, yeah. I had one and yet they are already
4. Some of the things I've read on blogs lately have me wondering... do you feel as a blogger with followers that you should use discretion and be a good example? Or is it OK to let it all hang out so to speak.
3. I just got the renewal for my driver's license in the mail. Do you think I'm silly that I will wait until the last possible day to renew because I want my face to be as thin as possible in the photo?
2. Mr. Helen has suddenly appropriated one of my kitchen drawers. It's the drawer I use to put smaller kitchen doo-dads, like birthday candles, the rubber jar openers, the plastic scraper that you use on stoneware, my wine opener, biscuit cutters, stuff like that. The other night I went to get something out of that drawer and couldn't find it for all the *&^%$ tools! The baggy in this photo is filled with nuts and screws and hinges. Why???????
1. For those who have asked, yes, I'm still losing weight and still using the fabulous Zero Scale. I'll check back in on all this at the beginning of February, after I see my doc and get the results of my bloodwork (if they can find my veins)!